Thread: Need help on end of turn CTD

Default Need help on end of turn CTD

Hi there,

I've been trying out this mod and it's pretty impressive. But I'm having some trouble where I pretty consistently where I'll end turn and the game goes through the 'faction rotation', then crashes after the rebel turn. This happens about every 4-5 turns in campaign.

The weird thing is the game actually processes through to the next turn, and auto saves... ex:
    End Turn 4
    Finishes End-Turn rotation (Autosaves)
    Crashes
    Reboot game, load autosave to begin Turn 5

Is this R:TW RAM issue, or has anyone else experienced it?

Default Re: Need help on end of turn CTD

I have not experienced that particular issue, but my guess would be that it's memory-related. There is likely to be variety between systems in terms of how it will handle the game, but there is a bit of a RAM bottleneck as I understand it. If you haven't already been, you might check out the FATW discord; someone more knowledgeable than I may be able to give you some specific leads.
    One of the most sophisticated Total War modders ever developed...

Default Re: Need help on end of turn CTD

I used to have a lot of CTD issues with FATW when I moved to a new laptop. I found this post of great help:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...notice-please)

Note that you may need to make the changes to preferences.txt in three different locations to get it to work

I also found removing the -ne flag from the shortcut path cut down on various issues, on this particular machine

Also especially on siege battles, leaving the end battle report message onscreen for ~10 seconds before continuing back to the strategic map seems to get rid of a lot of battle crashes, there's a memory leak there especially on Win10

With all that in place the numbers of CTDs have gone to almost nothing and FATW happily runs for hours