Thread: Russian expedition...

Default Russian expedition...

Sorry no pictures can't figure them out....

The year is 1157 AD.

As Grand Duke Mikhail talks with his advisors discussing new maps recently bought from the Kingdom of Portugal."I see a grand oppurtunity here that will either bring us great wealth or at the very least rid us of too not so loyal young upstarts"

It was here the Grand Duke sent the young Family members Ivan and Mikhail just recently coming of age. These 2 young men at the Age of 16 would sally forth where no Russian had travelled before. They hire a ship and set sail to africa..

12 long years later they arrive on the north coast of africa... They immedietely move south following a a newly built road to a mountain pass.. Continuing on into the desert for 3 long years they see a city in the distance it looks like a mirage yet it is a city they send a spy to see the options before them. A small army of Moors defend this great city. And as luck would have it a large caravan of Sudanese tribesman pass by and offer their services to the Russians for a small fee of course... It is decided to Lay seige upon the Moors without even thinking of the implications back home this treasure would be their prize for Novgorod. After 2 years of laying seige the Moors attack the Russian Army... Quickly 2 units of Sudanese tribesman are sent far and wide around the city walls with a ladder away from the battle..

Mikhail with 2 sudanese tribesman charge head on into the enemy front cloggin up the castle gates... while Ivan and his 40 cavalry sweep to the walls with 240 sudanese tribesman... Mikhail pulls back as to pretend to be fleeing with his ground troops a carefully planned trick as he pulls back the Moors are spread out chasing him at this time Ivan Charges though the enemy killing 150 Moors in one charge while this melee is continuing the Sudanese Captain has reach the walls which are left defenseless and proceeds to the city center...
    The day is won

Back in Russia...
    A messenger from Sarkel has come to the Duke Sire... The Turks have invaded the region the city is under siege, bring aid immediatly... upong learning this he dispaches orders to his son the Prince to move with his Great cavalry army of 1800 strong from bulgar to relieve our soldiers in Sarkel.

The Grand Duke sends a diplomat to turks questioning their invasion of his lands.

Turkish envoy"It is you who have invaded and attacked our allies"

With this news the grand duke cannot fathom how this could have occurred for he had long forgotten about the suicide mission he had sent his two nephews on...
    after 2 months of war with the turks a messenger very tired and in his last days brings a caravan into Novgorod.. the Grand Duke request"what is this vast treasure you bring to us" Sire Ivan and Mikhail send word from Africa they have conquered a great city in the desert and have found gold and great quantities.."

The Duke does not know what to think of this news...'At this time he remembers the mission from 15 years earlier....' "This gold will help in our war with the Turks.... immediately hiring kazaks at all castles and sending them to the Sarkel region. using the last of the gold to ugrade his fortress in Bulgar.

this is where I am so far..
    if someone could tell me how to save screen shots i would love to...
    my russians destroy the turks i have 4 straight heroic battles..
    last one i had 500 cav against 1800 turks and lost 67 men and killed 1300..
    would like to show the screend shots..

sorry i am not such a big writer..
    grammer not so good.
    Last edited by Duke Lysander; January 27, 2007 at 12:24 PM.

Hex Khan's Avatar Oooooh Yeeeaah!!

Default Re: Russian expedition...

hey its not that bad
    to take screenshots you press the button 'Prt Sc' should be next to the Numlk key.

looking forward to the next part
    Historical Reenactor and Proud of it
    Winner of Best AAR Writer Award 2007

Default Re: Russian expedition...

Just save them with Paint, then search www.google.com for Imageshack, you can use that to host your images on this forum, for FREE!

Nice AAR, I always like a Russian AAR, keep it up mate!