Thread: France protectorates in the 1805 campaign

Icon3 France protectorates in the 1805 campaign

Why did the Nederlands, Switzerland, Bade-Wurtemberg, Bavaria and the Kingdom of Italy aren't protectorates of France, but only allies ?

It would be more historically accurate, maybe there is gameplay necessity ?

Is there a possibility to put theses states as protectorates for the campaign of 1805 ?
    Maybe with a modification of some files, someone could help me please ?

Default Re: France protectorates in the 1805 campaign

Eventhough you are kinda right about some of these factions I think it is for balancing reasons as to not make France more powerful early on than it already is and in the case of (Baden-)Wurttemberg and Bavaria those 2 factions always get peacefully annexed by France in a scripted event.

Thanks for your answer to my first question @Hassassin !

And for my second question : anyone know where is the files that determine the diplomatic relations of the 1805 campaign for the Napoleonic Total War 3 mod ?

Also, how can I modify it ? (link, tutorial ?)

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

The diplomatic relations are buried deep in the startpos.esf files. They setup relations for each faction with the other active factions and protectorates (Baden-Wurttemberg is annexed by France at the start of the 1805 campaign). The NTW3 mod has been extensively modded to try and reflect the state of affairs at the beginning of the War of the Third Coalition in September 1805. At this particular time The Kingdom of Naples (with Sicily) had declared neutrality from France for a very short period of time. The results are displayed on the diplomatic screen. You can find more info on editing those files here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...lomacy-editing

Last edited by Lord Davn; January 25, 2021 at 09:36 AM.

Thanks for your help Lord Davn ! (I join the discord where I speak to Lord Commodore Wesley, in the #ntw3_campaigns if you want to read).

I know that the kingdom of Napoly was Neutral at the start of the campaign (until the end of november 1805 where they join the coalition), but I want to give them as protectorat of France because they wont accept to become protectorate if you are at peace with them. I f you are at war, you can't propose them to become a protectorate in the peace term condition (the option isn't available) and finally, you can't liberate them when you take their capital (Napoly).

"You can find more info on editing those files here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...lomacy-editing"

In your link there isn't the stat numner associated with the patron or protectorate diplomatic relation.

I find this message that could help me : https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...04#post8460904
    But the patron.eaf and protectorate.esf files he is talking about are missing or I can't find them.

If someone find the solution, I'm still interest in knowing how to modify the startpos file to make a nation becoming the protectorate of another