Thread: How do you play online???

ScottishAdam's Avatar Tiro

Default How do you play online???

I know that I have to get a membership from gamespy (i think its called). Anyone got a link to the page or exactly how to do it????

I have been on their site but cannot really see any multiplayer options

Default Re: How do you play online???

enter the game click MULTIPLAYER insert THE SERIALL KEY where it is asked for (valid one any FAKE seriall will prevent you playing MTW II for the rest of ur life)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Septim IV View Post
    enter the game click MULTIPLAYER insert THE SERIALL KEY where it is asked for (valid one any FAKE seriall will prevent you playing MTW II for the rest of ur life)
    Ye but i can't find where i get the seriel key. Do ye have a link

dont play dumb because no-one is fooled. if u have the original game u can play Online with the serial u got in the CD-case. Rest Removed, Do not talk about pirating, next time I will give you a warning, I didn't this time as you were not actually trying to advertise it (but advertise against it).

-Aristocrat
    Last edited by Aristocrat; January 26, 2007 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Septim IV View Post
    dont play as dumo because none is Dump if u have the original game u can play Online with the seriall
    no i bought it. It is a copletely legal copy. I thought it was as seriel number that game spy gave out??? does it not ask for user name and password etc???? in order to play online

Fixed quote for consistancy

-Aristocrat
    Last edited by Aristocrat; January 26, 2007 at 06:20 PM.

i guess i could post my problem in this thread. Thing is i already have a gamespy id, from like 5 yrs ago, but the damn thing wont let me play mplayer on mtw2. I can log in from the site fine, and when i go to their list of supported games mtw2 is not one of them...

nter the game click MULTIPLAYER insert THE SERIALL KEY where it is asked for (valid one any FAKE seriall will prevent you playing MTW II for the rest of ur life)
    i also see no serial key prompt. Is it a myth? does it even exist? I bought the game from compusa if you are wondering if i stole it.
    Last edited by Hells Bells; January 26, 2007 at 05:29 PM.

make sure u have cookies enablet at ur browser so it can rememberu are LOGet In mybe that helps but not sure im not online player

i meant when trying to log in from the actual game. The browser works fine.

If you go to multiplayer from mtw there will be the web address to gamespy called www.gamespyid.com Then simply go over, get an account and enter your account information in multiplayer in mtw to play online

vikrant's Avatar The Messiah of innocence

moved to mulitplayer discussion
    Under the Patronage of CHANDRASHEKHAR AZAD {prarara}
    patron of selenius4tsd ; tornnight
    use report button to help us keep twc clean

ive given up, switched over to hamachi and play with the generals now

the nonmultiplayerness really is the straw that broke the camels back

Mooncabbage's Avatar Ducenarius

Serial Key is on the back of the manual?

You rego for a gamespy ID and login using that... I believe someone found a way to play without using gamespy.
    Not actually on the moon.

Empire: Tactical Warfare Mod v1.0

Cerxes's Avatar Libertus

@Xu Xiang Long: what´s the name (and pass) of the network in hamachi that you have joined?
    Last edited by Cerxes; February 08, 2007 at 04:21 PM.

GeneralsCollective
    oh and its for the gen sun's website so itd be polite if you joined them first. but i think ive seen you on the list there, couple days ago.
    im logged in there as keaponlaffin, my generalsname

you think could maybe make a twc one, since nobody is online on the generals. ever. In fact i havent even successfully tested it yet because of that very fact, but at least it lets me into the lobby instead of that showing darned login failed message.

the thing that really burns me with gayspy is that it doesnt tell me why the login has failed. They want me to figure it out?? its an official feature! this should be for ca and gamespy to fix with eachother and not pass the burden on to the customer.
    if its a mod ill gladly figure it out on my own, since thats something made by the community, but a feature created by a corporation should definitely be held up to a higher standard given that they have such enormous resources compared to a mod. Just think, some guys figured out a way to play online thats free, through hamachi, and though i have yet to play a game, i can at least see the people who are logged in, an improvement over geldspy since i cant even get into the lobby on that.
    Last edited by Hells Bells; January 28, 2007 at 12:36 PM.

Cerxes's Avatar Libertus

Well XiangLong, as you have seen in another thread, I´ve joined your hamachi network that you have created. I didn´t know it was the "GeneralsCollective" network that you mentioned earlier, and yes, I´m already a member there, and yes, it never seems to be anyone online there... /C.
    Last edited by Cerxes; February 12, 2007 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Xiàhóu XiangLong View Post
    GeneralsCollective
    oh and its for the gen sun's website so itd be polite if you joined them first. but i think ive seen you on the list there, couple days ago.
    im logged in there as keaponlaffin, my generalsname

you think could maybe make a twc one, since nobody is online on the generals. ever. In fact i havent even successfully tested it yet because of that very fact, but at least it lets me into the lobby instead of that showing darned login failed message.

the thing that really burns me with gayspy is that it doesnt tell me why the login has failed. They want me to figure it out?? its an official feature! this should be for ca and gamespy to fix with eachother and not pass the burden on to the customer.
    if its a mod ill gladly figure it out on my own, since thats something made by the community, but a feature created by a corporation should definitely be held up to a higher standard given that they have such enormous resources compared to a mod. Just think, some guys figured out a way to play online thats free, through hamachi, and though i have yet to play a game, i can at least see the people who are logged in, an improvement over geldspy since i cant even get into the lobby on that.

Well if your login has failed I'd be interested in knowing the exact steps you've taken to login. I believe you will receive that message when you have an incorrect gamespy id password. You will also get that when if you don't clear the password and retype it after logging off and attempting to log back on again. The interface is a little tricky I will admit, but I think some of you are over complicating it.

The other thing to know is if you are running a firewall, because you may need to allow MTWII exe in your application control list. Or at least the port number. I have minimal issues with gamespy outside of the occasional issue of connecting to some lagger or when the server actually does reset which isn't all the time.

Cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude!!!can I Play Now!!

I'm having this same problem.
    Click multiplayer in Main menu.
    Screen comes up and asks for username and password.
    I type in the Gamespy id and password that I've had for several years.
    Error message comes up saying invalid cd-key.
    I do not remember entering cd-key or being prompted for cd-key except maybe in installation.
    Single player works fine.
    I DID NOT PIRATE THE GAME.

I'm very frustrated and want to play multiplayer .

Quote Originally Posted by Wuzupmcs68 View Post
    I'm having this same problem.
    Click multiplayer in Main menu.
    Screen comes up and asks for username and password.
    I type in the Gamespy id and password that I've had for several years.
    Error message comes up saying invalid cd-key.
    I do not remember entering cd-key or being prompted for cd-key except maybe in installation.
    Single player works fine.
    I DID NOT PIRATE THE GAME.

I'm very frustrated and want to play multiplayer .

Honestly never had that happen, did with MTW but you actually had to have it entered the first time, even had to change it for VI. I would say visit the sega site for support there's bound to be someone already asked that question in the FAQs if not open a trouble ticket.