Thread: wall seige bug fixed in 2.1

Default wall seige bug fixed in 2.1

hi lusted

just wondering since i've downloaded your latest mod 2.1 just wondering if you managed to fix that seriously annoying bug where the soldiers would'nt actually go up ladders on the walls they would just all pile up at the bottom of the wall and make easy meat for my horses to destroy???
    or is this planed for a fix in the 1.2 patch release of m2tw ?

cheers m8

Default Re: wall seige bug fixed in 2.1

The ladder bug is a M2TW bug. Hopefully it'll be fixed in 1.2.
    "It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one." ~George Washington

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Have LtC 2.1 still had problem with wall ladders.

Was defending settlement, attacked by an English army, they sent two units with ladders to the base of my walls. Up went the ladders. But sadly not up went the English infantry. They stood at the base of the wall, where my towers and crossbowmen used them for target practice. (Be silly not to really.)

However, once those two units had been massacred, another unit charged up to the wall and climbed the ladders. Where it got massacred by the defenders. Same result, just quicker.

Let's hope the next patch sorts this out.

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

I've seen that sometimes it helps if you give the unit a move order with RM click+drag so that the new unit placement is stretched over all ladders. Usually the soldiers start using all of them, but sadly it also means that the unit is stationary above ladders for a long time.