Page 10 of 270 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 35 60 110 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 5389

Thread: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

  1. #181
    Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,242

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    all correct Cato
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl


  2. #182
    Cato the Younger's Avatar Taihō no heishi
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX USA
    Posts
    450

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    1) By the fall of 1966 approximately how many ARVN battalions had assumed the role of conducting pacification operations in Vietnam?

    2) Out of the 38 colonies in Africa, which were the only ones never colonized?

    3) Which player in the National Football League (American Football) played in 340 games over 26 seasons, which spanned four decades, before retiring at the age of 48?

    4) Where was Maori cuisine derived from?

  3. #183
    Spart's Avatar Seigen
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,415

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    1. No idea, but I'll say a division( how many battalions is that again?)
    2. Liberia and Ethiopia.
    3. Blanda!
    4. Well, Maoris are from NZ? So I'll say New Zealand.
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

    How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Søren Kierkegaard

  4. #184
    Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,242

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    1 do you mean the LAM SON II operation in that case 1 the 5th
    2 Liberia Ethiopia
    3 George Blanda
    4 New Zealand or Polynesia
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl


  5. #185
    Cato the Younger's Avatar Taihō no heishi
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX USA
    Posts
    450

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus the Finn
    1. No idea, but I'll say a division( how many battalions is that again?)
    2. Liberia and Ethiopia.
    3. Blanda!
    4. Well, Maoris are from NZ? So I'll say New Zealan
    While I'm not sure of the number of battalions in a division, it is certain far too many! Two and Three are correct, but the fourth is incorrect. See below.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Blackadder
    1 do you mean the LAM SON II operation in that case 1 the 5th
    2 Liberia Ethiopia
    3 George Blanda
    4 New Zealand or Polynesia
    Polynesia is correct. The first question is still up for grabs. I meant overall, beginning in the fall season of '66. Here's a hint to help: the number is roughly half of all ARVN units.

  6. #186
    generally amusing's Avatar Roiyarugādo
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,230

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    2) Ethiopia was colonized by the Italians for a short time, under the name Abyssinia.
    So if you
    Stumbled on a watch I'd assume it had a watchmaker,
    That a muffin presupposes a baker,
    So you must agree sooner or later,
    That this proves that there's a creator.
    So if I put my foot in a stinker,
    You'd assume the existence of a sphincter,
    Thus you don't need to be a great thinker
    To coclude that God's a bum
    -Tim Minchin

    Patron of Tankbuster and Heinz Guderian
    Grandfather of kb8
    3 terms on the CdeC

  7. #187
    Cato the Younger's Avatar Taihō no heishi
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX USA
    Posts
    450

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    2) Ethiopia was colonized by the Italians for a short time, under the name Abyssinia.
    Ethiopian forces defeated the colonists (they had ONE settlement, IIRC) and threw them out. I don't define that as true colonization.

  8. #188
    generally amusing's Avatar Roiyarugādo
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,230

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cato the Younger View Post
    Ethiopian forces defeated the colonists (they had ONE settlement, IIRC) and threw them out. I don't define that as true colonization.
    That one settlement being the capitol of Addis Abbaba? And then the annexation of the whole country, fusing with Eritrea and Italian Somaliland into an amalgamation of Italian colonies? Granted, it was freed in 1941, but it was colonized for 5 years (capitulation of AA - EastAfrican Campaign).
    So if you
    Stumbled on a watch I'd assume it had a watchmaker,
    That a muffin presupposes a baker,
    So you must agree sooner or later,
    That this proves that there's a creator.
    So if I put my foot in a stinker,
    You'd assume the existence of a sphincter,
    Thus you don't need to be a great thinker
    To coclude that God's a bum
    -Tim Minchin

    Patron of Tankbuster and Heinz Guderian
    Grandfather of kb8
    3 terms on the CdeC

  9. #189
    Cato the Younger's Avatar Taihō no heishi
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX USA
    Posts
    450

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    That one settlement being the capitol of Addis Abbaba? And then the annexation of the whole country, fusing with Eritrea and Italian Somaliland into an amalgamation of Italian colonies? Granted, it was freed in 1941, but it was colonized for 5 years (capitulation of AA - EastAfrican Campaign).
    Good sir, I feel you are mistaken. After the Battle of Adowa, in which the Italian army was completely annihilated, Italy subsequently fled to Eritrea and signed the Treaty of Addis Ababa in which they recognized Ethiopia as an independent nation; - a failed colonization attempt, if anything. One can make the argument that Ethiopia was never colonized at all, with exception to the brief occupation by Italy from 1936-41.

  10. #190
    generally amusing's Avatar Roiyarugādo
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,230

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    Quote Originally Posted by Cato the Younger View Post
    Good sir, I feel you are mistaken. After the Battle of Adowa, in which the Italian army was completely annihilated, Italy subsequently fled to Eritrea and signed the Treaty of Addis Ababa in which they recognized Ethiopia as an independent nation; - a failed colonization attempt, if anything. One can make the argument that Ethiopia was never colonized at all, with exception to the brief occupation by Italy from 1936-41.
    Granted, it was freed in 1941, but it was colonized for 5 years...
    And I'm almost positive during the '36 Abyssinnia crisis, the Italians took Addis Ababa. I'm sure that Adowa was in the late 1800s.
    So if you
    Stumbled on a watch I'd assume it had a watchmaker,
    That a muffin presupposes a baker,
    So you must agree sooner or later,
    That this proves that there's a creator.
    So if I put my foot in a stinker,
    You'd assume the existence of a sphincter,
    Thus you don't need to be a great thinker
    To coclude that God's a bum
    -Tim Minchin

    Patron of Tankbuster and Heinz Guderian
    Grandfather of kb8
    3 terms on the CdeC

  11. #191
    Cato the Younger's Avatar Taihō no heishi
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX USA
    Posts
    450

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shyam Popat
    Granted, it was freed in 1941, but it was colonized for 5 years...
    And I'm almost positive during the '36 Abyssinnia crisis, the Italians took Addis Ababa. I'm sure that Adowa was in the late 1800s.
    Occupation is not colonization. However, I see your point.

    So to clarify the situation:

    2) Out of the 38 colonies in Africa, which were the only ones never colonized during European colonization in what was known as the "African scramble"?

    Fair enough?

  12. #192
    generally amusing's Avatar Roiyarugādo
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    12,230

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    Bureaucracy wins again. Take that, guys.
    So if you
    Stumbled on a watch I'd assume it had a watchmaker,
    That a muffin presupposes a baker,
    So you must agree sooner or later,
    That this proves that there's a creator.
    So if I put my foot in a stinker,
    You'd assume the existence of a sphincter,
    Thus you don't need to be a great thinker
    To coclude that God's a bum
    -Tim Minchin

    Patron of Tankbuster and Heinz Guderian
    Grandfather of kb8
    3 terms on the CdeC

  13. #193
    Cato the Younger's Avatar Taihō no heishi
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX USA
    Posts
    450

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shyam Popat
    Bureaucracy wins again. Take that, guys.
    Was there really need for that? Are you implying that the occupation of Ethiopia from '36-'41 was an attempt at colonization, or even more laughable, colonization in general?

    A simple, "Yes, fair enough," would have sufficed. :wink:

  14. #194
    Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,242

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    15 prehaps
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl


  15. #195
    Cato the Younger's Avatar Taihō no heishi
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX USA
    Posts
    450

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    Quite a bit more than 15.

    EDIT - 3/29/07:
    Should I just give the answer? I understand it's a pretty hard question. I'll give it a few more hours.
    Last edited by Cato the Younger; March 29, 2007 at 10:27 PM.

  16. #196
    Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    14,599

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    17

    (Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

    Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII






  17. #197
    Cato the Younger's Avatar Taihō no heishi
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Austin, TX USA
    Posts
    450

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    It was 50, actually.

    Blackadder got 3/4, so I suppose he wins You're up, good sir.

  18. #198
    Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,242

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    1 easy When Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus defeated his rival Marc Antony, he established Rome's highest office, what was it?
    2 Time to get tough; now we'll talk colonies. Colonies like Pompeii were led by two senior magistrates and two junior magistrates. Who were the SENIOR magistrates?
    3 The fasces represented the lictors right to do something. What act(s) did it symbolize?
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl


  19. #199
    Yoda
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    581

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    1. princeps

    2. rector provinciae

    3. To restrain the power of the state. If unbound, it was a sign that the state was approaching its limit for restrainment. Also they showed whether the dictator had all power in his hands.

  20. #200
    Captain Blackadder's Avatar A bastion of sanity
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,242

    Default Re: Quiz (Read the rules or don't enter) (reward included)

    all correct Ippius
    Patronised by happyho
    Patron of Thoragoros, Chilon
    Member of the Legion of Rahl


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •