Thread: Marian reforms/Imperial legion/script bug

Default Marian reforms/Imperial legion/script bug

Hi all,

I've played this mod for the better part of a decade and this year I've finally found time to really get into the grind and have just loved it. But I think I've run into a game breaking bug. For the first time ever I've reached the Marian reforms but instead of Republican/Marian legions I've gone straight to Imperial legions.

I think this might have something to do with forgetting to activate the garrison script and saving even though my current year says 183BC. Is there anyway to right this bug or am I stuck with this?

I appreciate that no one really uses this forum anymore but I just wanted to say regardless of the bug, thank you Lt. for creating something I'm still playing 10 years later!

Default Re: Marian reforms/Imperial legion/script bug

Hey there! I just was thinking about this, and I don't think it is a bug, what happened probably is you already had the top barracks in your city, before the reforms triggered. This top barracks gives you the Imperial legions and overrides the Republican ones. The second to best barracks allows for the Republican legions I believe. I think the player was meant to develop slower and gradually phase out Republican legions with Imperial as they upgraded the barracks. I too like the intermediate Republican legions and I try to avoid fully upgrading until a later date in the campaign! All the best in your campaign, I'm still playing as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Victory or Valhalla View Post
    Hey there! I just was thinking about this, and I don't think it is a bug, what happened probably is you already had the top barracks in your city, before the reforms triggered. This top barracks gives you the Imperial legions and overrides the Republican ones. The second to best barracks allows for the Republican legions I believe. I think the player was meant to develop slower and gradually phase out Republican legions with Imperial as they upgraded the barracks. I too like the intermediate Republican legions and I try to avoid fully upgrading until a later date in the campaign! All the best in your campaign, I'm still playing as well!
    Thank you so much! That solved the problem Can't wait to finally build Republican legions now! I've never managed it in 10 years playing as a child but now as an adult I've had time to dedicate and not rush and build my empire up properly.

Sorry to bother you again but do you know why I'm unable to make auxilia units in my Italian cities after the Marian reform? I get the option to make Eastern Auxilia Spearmen in my cities in Sicily and Sardinia but I don't have the option to build Auxilia Spearmen or Swordmen in any cities in Italy.