Thread: Tweaking the campaign map movement animations

Default Tweaking the campaign map movement animations

I understand the community likes fast campaign map movement animations. Personally, I prefer the way it was in m2tw: very slow movement animations which could you could speed up by clicking. To me it seems obvious that if an AI army or agent runs through my line of sight on their turn, I'd like to have enough time to at least see the flag of the unit and know what faction it belongs to. Currently, the way it is in pretty much every game after m2tw, the units move so fast I can't see what's happening. I really don't understand why nobody cares about this.

So is there a way to tweak this? If someone else could do it quickly, that would be awesome. But if anyone could at least point to how I might be able to do this myself, I think I will give it a shot.

Default Re: Tweaking the campaign map movement animations

There is already an option in the settings that allows three different levels of how fast the AI moves are displayed. One level shows no AI moves, the second shows the AI moves quickly and the third option displays the AI moves fully. In your line of sight of course.

If I remember correctly this is in Game or Campaign settings, not graphics settings.

I hope this is what you were looking for. The third option is as good as it can get, I doubt there is a point in something more than that.