Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me minimize the Byzantine Empire Territory

Default Re: Help me minimize the Byzantine Empire Territory

It's probably relatively easy to add a named character to a faction. I am actually going to try this with Third age Total war 3.2 later today. Here is an example

Add this and change whatever you need. This is just an example. (and make a copy of the descr_strat file first!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

character Ioannis Komnenos, named character, male, age 17, x 363, y 141
    traits Supplies 1 , Turnsaway 3 , LoyaltyStarter 1 , MilitaryInclination 1 , NaturalMilitarySkill 1 , PublicFaith 1 , ReligionStarter 1
    army
    unit Greek Bodyguard exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0

You can take a first name from descr_names and the same sure name as the emperor. Change the age to 17, or whatever and give give him some new coordinates outside the city. Give him traits as well.

If he is the first son and heir, add this line

character Ioannis Komnenos, named character, male, age 17, x 363, y 141, battle_model byzantine_heir

Add him to the character record further down.

character_record Ioannis Komnenos, male, age 17, alive

Now you add him to the relative list underneath this

relative Manouil Komnenos, Helena Komnenos, Konstantinos Komnenos, Dimitrios Komnenos, Ioannis Komnenos, end

The firs name is the father, the second is the wife of the father, third is the first son, fourth is the second son and the fifth is the third son.

I think that is it. If there are some kind of script involved in the mod, it might be different.
    "Alea iacta est"

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    Should be quite simple - you need to change descr_strat.txt. Move cities and armies to the slave faction part. Check in EDU if slave faction has access to all units, the names should be ok (but I'm not 100% sure)
    I'm trying to apply the "Minimized Byzantium" scenario on the August. 10th version. unfortunetanly moving the settlements inside the Descr_Strat from Byzantium faction to Slave faction is not enough like in the previous versions. I believe I must perform a check in EDU to make sure the slave faction does have access to all Byzanium units.
    can anyone help me find the EDU file mentioned by @Jurand above? Best Regards, -DC.

Update: I managed to access the EDU file (which is a refference to "export_descr_unit" text file that can be found in the Data folder. after accessing the EDU file i'm currently trying to figure out how to provide access for the slave faction to byzantium units. any guidance on how to do this will be highly appreciated.

Update: After going through the EDU file I can recognize a patter of unit profiles, all profiles include a line called "Ownership" that includes 3 columns (era 0, era 1, era 2).
    I'm currently testing to the option of adding the slave faction to every unit profile that is owned by Byzantium. will update how it goes.

2nd update: it worked!

Last edited by a Dictator's Cigar; August 13, 2023 at 06:04 AM.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by a Dictator's Cigar View Post
    Update: I managed to access the EDU file (which is a refference to "export_descr_unit" text file that can be found in the Data folder. after accessing the EDU file i'm currently trying to figure out how to provide access for the slave faction to byzantium units. any guidance on how to do this will be highly appreciated.

Update: After going through the EDU file I can recognize a patter of unit profiles, all profiles include a line called "Ownership" that includes 3 columns (era 0, era 1, era 2).
    I'm currently testing to the option of adding the slave faction to every unit profile that is owned by Byzantium. will update how it goes.
    2nd update: it worked!
    With the slave (rebel) faction it should work. But with the other factions it won't as there're other files that need to be added (@kostic is doing this job)

So I am trying to do the opposite: add rebel settlements and their armies to various factions.
    It worked with previous versions (with no need to change the EDU file), but not any more.
    One is no more able to load a new campaign.
    What changed?
    Do we have to wait for adjustments made by Kostic or should I try it like Dictator's Cigar?
    And if I do edit EDU, should I turn Ownership to "ALL" so that the game loads after accepting "foreign" units?
    (In the previous versions foreign troops were mostly accepted.)
    Or then every faction would be able to recruit "foreign" troops?
    Thanks.

UPDATE: It worked after all without any need to edit the EDU file.
    Last edited by stefdim7; September 23, 2023 at 10:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12