Thread: Weird CTDs

Default Weird CTDs

Hey guys, has anyone had a problem where the game installation just gets ed up and not even vanilla works anymore?
    It somehow ed something on the game data and no matter which configuration of DME I use (early, late, custom) the game just won't work. I had that problem once and I only managed to solve it by reinstalling EVERYTHING.
    Last time the mod worked I was using DME_AUM (with optional graphics) and UPC_Spanish.
    Can any of the devs give us some tips to not screw up the whole installation? Thanks!

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Weird CTDs

Rule number one: back up EVERYTHING when you start messing around with program files.

And two is when vanilla isn't working, your game is either borked, or a mod has borked your game and you do sadly need to reinstall. I don't see why those two particular pack files would break your game, unless a file somewhere wasn't where it should have been, and/or overwrote a critical game file.

I didn't even ask what the issue was since vanilla isnt working, but sure, what's the issue. Is it a CTD? If so when does it occur.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

It's a CTD, it happens whenever I try to start a campaign, or load a save game (didn't even try since they were all DME saved games), or even do a quick battle. Even checking game files through Steam doesn't solve the issue. And a quick update: after I reinstalled the game on another drive I have, I still get the same CTD even without installing DME. I really don't know what could the problem be, and I've been playing Empire and DME for 5 years now, (although back and forth with other games in the mix), but I never had issues like these.
    I'd really appreciate it if someone can give me some tips on how to probably solve this, but if not, thanks anyway!

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Is your user script running any mods with you unaware?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Rule number one: back up EVERYTHING when you start messing around with program files.

And two is when vanilla isn't working, your game is either borked, or a mod has borked your game and you do sadly need to reinstall. I don't see why those two particular pack files would break your game, unless a file somewhere wasn't where it should have been, and/or overwrote a critical game file.

I didn't even ask what the issue was since vanilla isnt working, but sure, what's the issue. Is it a CTD? If so when does it occur.

i installed the game the platinum version Empire starts ok but when i click on start on the Darthmod it comes up with "You are ready to launch empire manually please do not close this launcher" but nothing happens the game dont load or anything, i thought maybe its asking me to click on the Empire icon but even if i do that the game then crashes
    Last edited by kirk101; January 26, 2021 at 06:57 AM.

same here. Did 3 fresh installs loaded game on vanilla first every time and yet nothing. I've never been able to play Darthmod for Empire. since 4 Years ago. Any ideas please i really want to use this mod for Empire PLEASE HELP US! with our struggles