Thread: Character CTD

Default Character CTD

Hi Friends,

First of all, let me tell the modders, that this particular mod is just plain fantastic and has everything a history geek like me could wish for.

Because of a serios CTD bug, i am, however "forced" to play EB2 instead of EB1.

In january 2020 i first installed this mod and experienced some kind of character CTD with the Romans. At some point (after ca.20 turns) a guy comes of age. As soon as you try to open his character panel, the game crashes.
    I researched for hours and hours trying to find a solution to this problem, which, in the end, maybe might be related to the "talented" trait. I then tried to remove the talented trait via console but somehow it did not work.

Since i liked the mod so much i just pushed on. Randomly new characters were coming of age which created the same issue. I just put them all in the same fort and just left them there forever. Then i tried EB2 and never returned to EB1.

In the meanwhile I have a new PC and just wanted to give it another shot with EB1, however, it's the same issue this time too.

Has anyone ever found a solution to this crash? It would be a shame if one couldn't enjoy this fantastic mod because of this issue..and since i got it on 2 different hardwares, I guess some other people must have the same problem too.

Default Re: Character CTD

Wow guys I might have found a solution here:
    I went back to EB 1.2 for BI, den installed Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Pack 1.2 on top of it. I am approx. 35 turns in with the Romans and did not experience even one CTD!
    That might work for other people too, just do follow the instructions of 1.2 an Jirisys to the letter.

Mr. Rhombus's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by greekpoison88 View Post
    I went back to EB 1.2 for BI, den installed Jirisys' Europa Barbarorum Mega Pack 1.2 on top of it. I am approx. 35 turns in with the Romans and did not experience even one CTD!
    That might work for other people too, just do follow the instructions of 1.2 an Jirisys to the letter.
    I've been having the same issue, but with certain Epeirote characters (all sons who have come of age, like yours). My assumption was that it had something to do with the Spartan Agoge script that you get when you take Sparte (basically you can send your sons to Sparte to train for a few years in exchange for some buffs), but maybe it just has to do with a trait. In any case I'd hate to go back to an older version of the mod, since I really enjoy every other aspect of the Finale version. There's no fix-focused submods for EB Finale, are there?

Quote Originally Posted by greekpoison88 View Post

Hi. Could you tell a step-by-step solution? I assume you've posted about EB Finale Part 1 installed over RTW: Alexander, but you somehow got a solution by going for RTW:BI. Was it a fix of your current campaign or you just started a new one with the other version and called it a "solution"?