Thread: Flaming arrows and projectiles are invisible

Default Flaming arrows and projectiles are invisible

Hi. I have a problem, I can't see any flaming missiles. Has anyone had this problem? Instead of the flaming ones, there are standard arrows. There is this problem in siege engines too.You can see the bodies of burned soldiers. Has anyone had this problem? Got it on original Rome and in mods.
    Hi. I have a problem, I can't see any flaming missiles. Has anyone had this problem? Instead of the flaming ones, there are standard arrows. There is this problem in siege engines too.You can see the bodies of burned soldiers. Has anyone had this problem? Got it on original Rome and in mods.

Default Re: Flaming arrows and projectiles are invisible

Ok, I think it worked. I deleted d3d8.dll from the main game folder. I didn't notice a drop in FPS.

This is a relatively common issue.

I see that you have deleted d3d8.dll from your games folder. This may cause the game to *not* recognise your discrete GPU (if you have one) which could result in much worse performance.

From what I can see, using this particular version of the d3d8.dll file, will allow the game to use your dedicated graphics card (thus increasing performance massively), *without* getting rid of flaming projectiles.

Download the file here: https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases

I should just add that I've only tested this with the retail version(s) of Rome & Barbarian Invasion (i.e. 1.5 , & 1.6) not the Steam version(s) (1.5.1) of either. So, mileage may vary. But, this is, to this day, the best fix I've found.

-V
    Last edited by G. Ward; August 27, 2023 at 09:17 AM.

-
    G. Ward

Quote Originally Posted by G. Ward View Post
    This is a relatively common issue.

I see that you have deleted d3d8.dll from your games folder. This may cause the game to *not* recognise your discrete GPU (if you have one) which could result in much worse performance.

Dear all,

from what I can see, using this particular version of the d3d8.dll file, will allow the game to use your dedicated graphics card (thus increasing performance massively), *without* getting rid of flaming projectiles.

Download the file here: https://github.com/crosire/d3d8to9/releases

I should just add that I've only tested this with the retail version(s) of Rome & Barbarian Invasion (i.e. 1.5 , & 1.6) not the Steam version(s) (1.5.1) of either. So, mileage may vary. But, this is, to this day, the best fix I've found.

-V
    It's amazing

Glad it worked!

-
    G. Ward