Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Stainless Steel 7.0 Lost Files release this year

Default Re: Stainless Steel 7.0 Lost Files release this year

Quote Originally Posted by leftkeh View Post
    TBH, I had the same issue with the shortcut on the desktop. I bypassed the issue by running Stainless Steel directly from Steam. There I opened the properties and added:

--features.mod=mods/Stainless_Steel_7.0

Hope this works for you also!
    Hey, this actually worked for me as a Steam (Definitive Version) owner.

Experiencing this mod after so many years is such a delight.

Cheers and thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by leftkeh View Post
    TBH, I had the same issue with the shortcut on the desktop. I bypassed the issue by running Stainless Steel directly from Steam. There I opened the properties and added:

--features.mod=mods/Stainless_Steel_7.0

Hope this works for you also!

What do you mean here?
    I added your text to the properties->general->"Advanced users may choose to enter modifications to their launch options." and then launched the game and the definitive edition but it just launched as regular m2tw without a mod.

mega have 1.4gb limit...... please upload on other site

I uninstalled the game on Steam, and downloaded it again, installed the 7.0 standalone patch and the patch, after doing ss_setup, and when I click to play, the error message appears:

" The relative path to the mod directory and the config filename cannot contai any blank spaces.
    please, be sure to elimate blank spaces from this path: ../../../../steamlibrary/steampps/common/medieval ii total war/mods/stainless_steel_7.0/stainless_steel_7.0.cfg

I need help.... it's a new instalation on a new ssd....

I stopped playing Medieval 2, and I no longer had the game installed on my computer, I installed it again and put the mod on, but I get this error ../../../../ blank Spaces error

the 6.4 work fine '.'

Hello,

I started a late era campaign with Leon and Castile, and I got to turn 50-ish...can't remember exactly. When I go to load the game, I get a CTD error. I added *script* trace to get info about the crash. I have attached the log file. I play on Linux, so I had to use a Bash script to change all the folder/file names to lower case.

Other than not being able to load a save game, I've really liked the quests. I received one from the pope to annihilate all Seljuks that I could.

Many thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

Hi all those who support on this mod,
    I appreciate that you're busy making it better (not to mention living your lives outside of SS7) but it seems that a few people had the same issue despite following the guidelines to fix it.
    Would really appreciate some feedback/advice.
    Thank you all so much again.
    Just really excited to play the game (especially after seeing AClockworkOrange's mention of quests!)

Laetus

As far as the loading issue is concerned, for all those that have a Steam Account and have bought the Definitive Edition,

1. Open Steam, select your Library, and select the game (Total War: MEDIEVAL II - Definitive Edition),
    2. Click on the cog icon (Manage) [it is located at the top of the screen, right next to the "information" button (Show more details) and the "Star" button(add to favorites)]
    3. Select: Properties...
    4. At the bottom of the card that opens there is a cell titled "Advanced Users may choose to enter etc"
    5. Once there, copy and paste the following "--features.mod=mods/Stainless_Steel_7.0"

Hope this works!!!

P.S.: I know this will sound silly and obsolete, but if you have installed the 7.0 version at a different folder or with a different name, you have to use the path you have created. In my case, given that I have a single drive, I have installed Stainless Steel 7.0, along with all other M2TW mods I use, in the "...steamapps>common>Medieval II Total War>mods" subfolder.

hi, how do I turn off the max zoomed-in battle map on VH/VH?

" The relative path to the mod directory and the config filename cannot contai any blank spaces.
    please, be sure to elimate blank spaces from this path: ../../../../steamlibrary/steampps/common/medieval ii total war/mods/stainless_steel_7.0/stainless_steel_7.0.cfg

this patch dont work bro >:

I'm playing on Godlike difficulty which apparently auto saves every few turns but there is no save file located in 'load games'. When I hit F5 to activate the 'wildcard' save, there's still no save file.

Hi all! I can run the game now but I get crashes all the time after fighting battles - either siege or field ones. Extremely disruptive. Does this happen to anyone else? What's the solution?10:00:06.897 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel_7.0/data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing10:00:06.903 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/Stainless_Steel_7.0/data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing10:00:07.120 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.this is the error I'm seeing
    Last edited by a1aska; April 12, 2024 at 01:01 PM.

Double posted, no idea how to delete, sorry
    Last edited by a1aska; April 09, 2024 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Double posted

Quote Originally Posted by GG Magic View Post
    I'm playing on Godlike difficulty which apparently auto saves every few turns but there is no save file located in 'load games'. When I hit F5 to activate the 'wildcard' save, there's still no save file.
    Im having this issue aswell. It dosent save and the F5 saves dosent register.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456