Thread: Problem with adding new factions on startpos

Default Problem with adding new factions on startpos

Hello, i trying to add new factions in to Rome campaign but i have a problem.

I create correctly the faction on these tables using PFM: factions_table, faction_banners_table, faction_uniform_colours_table, faction_rebellion_units_junctions_table, faction_to_mercenary_set_junctions table and commander_unit_permissions_table. This factions is minor and not playable, so i don't care about civil war and political parties.

On Assembly Kit i add the new faction in to the start_pos_factions, change region's owner and i create the leader using starting_positions form. After all, i exported the startpos on data.pack with Bob.exe.
    When i start a new Rome campaign the game crashes during the loading. Where's the problem?

Gyrosmeister's Avatar Monsieur Grec

Default Re: Problem with adding new factions on startpos

I suggest to not export .pack files with Assembly Kit
    What you would have to do rather is:
    1) On your main mod pack, put all the faction details (and all that stuff you want for your mod aswell)
    2) Now there are 2 options for this: You can either A) Make a backup of a clean data_rome2.pack, put it somewhere safe, and then on the data_rome2.pack that is in the Rome II > Data directory go to factions_tables and add the entry of your faction, alternatively put everything you want/need (in that case you would only need factions_tables) on a new pack and make sure to label it as a "movie pack"
    3) Do all the stuff in the Assembly Kit for startpos
    4) Export tables to binary, then go to BoB.exe process startpos main_yourcampaignname
    5) If everything was done right you should have under assembly kit > working data > campaigns > main_yourcampaignname > a startpos.esf file that you will add on your main .pack file