Thread: DLV for total war?

Default DLV for total war?

Hello!

I will play DLV 1.9 on hotseat with a friend. I'd like to make the game as hard as possible because: He does not play like many of us (I guess the majority might use more houserules and play more historically orientated).

His playing style is absolutely reckless, the only houserules are not to plunder or give the pope money by less than 10 turns. All battles are auto-resolved.

He plays without diplomacy - and is spitting out at least 5 units a turn which have a short life expectation. The AI is not attacking him. The biggest stack that went to him was a mere 12 units. He's constantly hammering the AI without ever holding down, and it doesn't have enough "will" to hold against him. His recruiting queues in castles are always empty and waiting for the next unit. Meanwhile cities give all the militias they have. He's destroying new aquired cities to feed money into his war machine.

I've sent multiple 3 stack armies at him from afar. We even lowered (both) our king's purse to 100. Could you give me any hints how to make the game harder? Basically what I'd like to have is a continuous stream of armies marching at him (and thus also me, for god's sake) - so if he gets too many enemies, his war machine will collapse and he will finally be forced to engage in diplomacy.

Could some experienced modder maybe even repman (hallo!) give me an advise to customize this great mod?

Gott will es
    Last edited by Ritterlichvon86; January 26, 2007 at 08:50 AM. Reason: hello kitty

Default Re: DLV for total war?

Also, if there's an army blocking his way to its next settlement, he simply walks around it and takes the settlement in the same turn with artilleries.

Do you have experience with it, might a garrison script help?

A houserule is always ranked as the last solution on my list - is it inevitable for this occation?

@jannikpaul1986
    please next time use the edit button to avoid double postings
    Haven't understood your posting ? Are you not satisfied with the Army buildup of the AI and his behaviour in the Campaign in DLV 1.9 ?

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by jannikpaul1986 View Post
    Hello!

I will play DLV 1.9 on hotseat with a friend. I'd like to make the game as hard as possible because: He does not play like many of us (I guess the majority might use more houserules and play more historically orientated).

His playing style is absolutely reckless, the only houserules are not to plunder or give the pope money by less than 10 turns. All battles are auto-resolved.

He plays without diplomacy - and is spitting out at least 5 units a turn which have a short life expectation. The AI is not attacking him. The biggest stack that went to him was a mere 12 units. He's constantly hammering the AI without ever holding down, and it doesn't have enough "will" to hold against him. His recruiting queues in castles are always empty and waiting for the next unit. Meanwhile cities give all the militias they have. He's destroying new aquired cities to feed money into his war machine.

I've sent multiple 3 stack armies at him from afar. We even lowered (both) our king's purse to 100. Could you give me any hints how to make the game harder? Basically what I'd like to have is a continuous stream of armies marching at him (and thus also me, for god's sake) - so if he gets too many enemies, his war machine will collapse and he will finally be forced to engage in diplomacy.

Could some experienced modder maybe even repman (hallo!) give me an advise to customize this great mod?

Gott will es
    Jannikpaul,

Your friend's playing style will not succeed well in DLV1.9. Try it for your hotseat game, you won't need houserules.

First. Having a lot of armies in the field will quickly drain the treasury (Field Army Script).

Second. With a negative treasury, there's no money to keep pumping out new companies for the army.

Third. Running a negative treasury will cause a rebellion among the nobility...there won't be any generals to lead the armies

Fourth. More aggressive AI will send in its armies if alliances aren't put in place

Cheers!
    dd

Libertus

and thats why we love dd

Thank you dd and repman, DLV is exactly like we needed it. Best mod we've played so far.

He cannot sustain his >10 half filled zerging stacks anymore. >

@hravatskopravo and thats why we love dd

@jannikpaul1986 Thank you dd and repman, DLV is exactly like we needed it. Best mod we've played so far. He cannot sustain his >10 half filled zerging stacks anymore. >

My morning coffee, happy DLV-friends, and the sun is out in San Jose...life don't get no better than this... Cheers! dd