Thread: The BEST mod out there

Libertus

Default The BEST mod out there

sorry for being redundant, but i have to say DLV was the best mod before the patch, and is still the best mod because it incorporates so many other mods and Rep's and dd's brilliance in modding. i read a thread in General Discussion and this mod was not even mentioned. how is that possible? cheers to all of devs of this mod who has made this game FUN.

Default Re: The BEST mod out there

Quote Originally Posted by hravatskopravo View Post
    sorry for being redundant, but i have to say DLV was the best mod before the patch, and is still the best mod because it incorporates so many other mods and Rep's and dd's brilliance in modding...cheers to all of devs of this mod who has made this game FUN.
    I am totally unbiased and impartial...and I think you are absolutely right!

Cheers! dd

Libertus

lol of course! of course now "Medieval has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit" at my first battle as the danes using the DLV 1.9 and horsearchers sky+blood mod

Best mod as hravatskopravo said. I'm devoted user I'll never put my hands on other moders work
    cheers, like Master DerDrakken says
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    George S. Patton

@hravatskopravo
    There can be interferences between the texture mods and DLV
    Does it crashes without the texture mods ?

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

ZaPPPa's Avatar RTR co-daddy

I don't quite understand the big LTC following. If I put the changelogs of the two mods side-by-side, this one has more features and some additions that have a great impact (love the field script). On top of that this has the BigMap that allows me (and the AI) to sneak armies over the border out of sight of armies.

I did modify the VnV file a bit as DLV still has some bugs left in it. If the dev is interested, I can send it to you.

Derdrakken you are doing a great job. I don't see how the texture models could be making the game crash but my modding skill is pretty low so I could be missing something

Quote Originally Posted by ZaPPPa View Post
    I don't quite understand the big LTC following. If I put the changelogs of the two mods side-by-side, this one has more features and some additions that have a great impact (love the field script). On top of that this has the BigMap that allows me (and the AI) to sneak armies over the border out of sight of armies.

I did modify the VnV file a bit as DLV still has some bugs left in it. If the dev is interested, I can send it to you.
    Hello ZaPPPa,

Please send them to me. DLV is a journey, not a final destination. And thank you!

I think DLV is the only mod to expand the heraldry system to all the big map exptended regions. I want the player to be rewarded for each and every city that falls to their armies.

Cheers!

dd
    Last edited by derdrakken; January 26, 2007 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crossev View Post
    Derdrakken you are doing a great job. I don't see how the texture models could be making the game crash but my modding skill is pretty low so I could be missing something
    Thank you my friend! Cheers! dd

Libertus

@repman

hey boss no more crashes, just now the evening and i have installed vanilla M2TW and now 1.9 by der Meister thx for that dd! if all this works ok i will try the textures.

Quote Originally Posted by hravatskopravo View Post
    @repman

hey boss no more crashes, just now the evening and i have installed vanilla M2TW and now 1.9 by der Meister thx for that dd! if all this works ok i will try the textures.
    Excellent news! Cheers, dd

Libertus

dankeschön mein Meister, now i am going to try the textures that were posted by repman on another thread, i think it was rep anyway... sorry if im wrong!

ZaPPPa's Avatar RTR co-daddy

Quote Originally Posted by derdrakken View Post
    Hello ZaPPPa,

Please send them to me. DLV is a journey, not a final destination. And thank you!
    I haven't forgotten about this, but I left the file on my computer at home and I am currently working from my laptop. I'll send it to you tomorrow evening.

I HAVE BEEN CONVERTED! Been playing LTC for the past couple of months. But now, DLV>LTC! Viva la revolucion!

I dunno anything about the other mods out there, I've been Deus lo Vulting since the week M2TW was unleashed. Now I love it even more, the giant map and extra regions. The increasing role-playing elements of your generals. Shame about the new ancillary shields, they're totally shite! That Tokus is a nutter!

Probably smoking to much the nutter
    Thanks again Tokus for the nice flag banners !!

repman
    Last edited by repman; February 02, 2007 at 04:51 PM.

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Long time lurker, few time poster:

As you can see I don't post often on this forum, but after trying out LTC and DLV I have been completely swayed to this mod. I'm not going to discredit LTC because it is a phenomenal mod in its own capacity. As the OP originally stated, DLV simply offers more complexity to the game.

There is one thing that I've read on these boards and that is "auto-calcing" the battles makes the overall game more enjoyable. While it is depriving me of half the game, and I was trepidatious at first about adopting this gameplay, it has made DLV even more enjoyable because of it. I lose battles now. I've even lost battles that were clearly indicating that I should win them. It happens infrequently, but it occurs enough to make me alter plans and develop new strategies.

I'm not suggesting this gameplay to be adopted for anyone. But seeing that I've won over 95% of all my battles fought, regardless of the disadvantages I would have going into a "played" battle, that aspect was getting very boring and diminishing my overall gameplay.

Perhaps in the future when CA releases it's next patch some of this absurd AI in the battlefield will be addressed. But for now, "auto-calc" is the way for me.

Excellent mod. I tip my hat to the modders of DLV and to the entire modding community. Keep up the great work and I'll do my part to inform other players of this franchise to dl your mod and enjoy MTW2 with the same relish I am.

Cheers!

I second that Iph....
    For awhile I was limiting my armies to only 10 units per stack (full city garrisons though). This allowed me to still play the battleground mode.
    I always autocalc sieges however, due to the horrible siege bug that somehow slipped past the developers...
    I also only conquer rebels up till another empire attacks me.
    Landbridges are for computer use only (excepting lone agents).
    With the Rome era games I'd also limit all financial transactions to 5000 or less (no more accepting protectorate status for 15000...hehehe). Not too much of problem w/this game tho.

I like to play games where there is a significant chance of losing. That may sound stupid,but why play a game where you are assured victory all the time. Uh, goodbye challenge, hello boredom.