Thread: How to add Horsearcher sky and blood mod

Default How to add Horsearcher sky and blood mod

To my fellow DLV players I have just recently installed Horsearchers skymod with the extra blood and I must say I don't know how I ever played M2TW without it. I just fought against some rebels in a blinding blizard. I could only see a few feet ahead of me was great to see the enemy calvalry come charging out of the storm. Plus the additional blood graphics are great. For those who are not interested in the blood addition he has a lite version that just improves the weather. Here is the link to the forum.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...earcher+skymod

It is a self extracting install. Once you do the install you will need to make a slight change to the DLV_ext.cfg
    You need to open the DLV_ext.cfg You can open it with wordpad or notepad and add the following 2 lines

[io]
    file_first = true

save close and thats it. When you fight your first battle you will immediately know the difference. Horsearcher mod will not effect any of the DLV files.

Have Fun

Libertus

Default Re: How to add Horsearcher sky and blood mod

THX A LOT! love the bloodmod

Hello Crossev,

I've got to try this! Thanks for the tip my friend.

Cheers!

dd

I've already did this, in fact i did this with first relase of horsearcher textures (and it was about DLV 1.8 times)
    And it works great. With DLV 1.9 too and without your great gameplay mod Master DerDrakken and Master Repman there will be no MTW game...
    I worship you as gods
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
    George S. Patton

If you want to play a combination of texture mods with DLV I recommend the Addon to the mod theLongRoad of tornnight. There you can choose which combination of burrek units, burreks blood and horsearcher sky textures you want to use:
    http://files.filefront.com//;6569280;;/
    It's a self extracting install
    All files are extracted into the main installation data standard folder (not folder of DLV)

After that you have 2 possibilities:
    1. You need to open the DLV_ext.cfg You can open it with wordpad or notepad and add the following 2 lines
    [io]
    file_first = true
    and save close
    2. Or you open the file Launch_DLV_ext.bat with notepad and change the first line to :
    medieval2.exe @DLV_ext.cfg --io.file_first
    and save close

Thanks goes to tornight !!

Any time you can uninstall or reinstalll the combination of textures you like
    But maybe there can be correlations between the textures and DLV which can create random crashes during battles

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics