Thread: adding provinces to the map

Default adding provinces to the map

Do you plan to add provinces to the LTC campaign map? If so, roughly how many do you plan to add?

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Default Re: adding provinces to the map

I would also like to see some added or at the very least know how to add another map into the mod like the one from Anno whatever.:hmmm:

Some provinces I would like to see added are Attalia, Samsun, Sinope, Balanjar, Kutaisi, Van, and Erzurum (also known as Theodosiopolis).

Why wont you bring in regionmod?
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Becuase atm it is not balanced. Most map mods for RTw weren't balanced either. Not enough work was put into the population etc so they were unbalanced and it was too easy to make cash. Until i can find a map mod that is well balanced, or do one myself there will be no new provinces in LTC.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

ZaPPPa's Avatar RTR co-daddy

So you mean the Vanilla map is not balanced as well. Because the standard BigMap is nothing more than a blown-up vanilla map. You can quite easily strip out the things that were added to it in later versions.

I actually feel the vanilla map is unbalanced. I remember the Rome vanilla map and especially population growth being so terribly unbalanced that it was a big issue on the forums and one of the reasons Rome:Total Realism was created.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

So you mean the Vanilla map is not balanced as well. Because the standard BigMap is nothing more than a blown-up vanilla map. You can quite easily strip out the things that were added to it in later versions.
    I don't like the BigMap because of its size.

I actually feel the vanilla map is unbalanced.
    It's more blaanced than any map mod i've seen with the exception of BigMap which i do not like because of its size.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

It just seems like the game would be better if there was alot more provinces in it. One of the main things I have always disliked about the Total War series is that if I have 4 or 5 cities than I have an empire. I just doesn't have that "I am attempting to create an empire" feel to it. Now with 500 soldiers I can dominate all of western europe doesn't seem right to me.

It might also give the computer initiative to stay within their historical boundries. Every game I have played in, Portugal seems to have blood lust for Wales for some strange reason launching boatloads of troops to go after it. Seems rather silly, maybe if they had more to go after in Iberia than they wouldn't have to send out fleets in an attmpt to conquer the celts.