Thread: Suspended on EBAY for no reason at all - suspicious activity?

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Default Suspended on EBAY for no reason at all - suspicious activity?

"My account has been suspended indefinitely for no reason at all.

I bought stuff in may that I did pay for.

I have never sold on this site because I actually tried to activate the seller's account a few days ago from this account but failed to do so - I ran into an error-message:

"Your request couldn't be processed because of a technical issue. Please try again."

This didn't go away no matter how many times I did try to "automate payment" or "list a ware" - so I decided to create a new user using the mrnygren1@gmail e-mail address.

It seemed to work, as I did manage to connect the new user to my two mastercard cards (ICA and Swedbank) and I did also manage to finally connect it to my Paypal account - which I later verified for that user.

But I got three messages from Ebay, the first one welcomed me, the second one gave info about the site - and the third one said I had been suspended indefinitely without the possibility to "appeal".

I have no clue at all what has been suspicious about my recent activity on the site - all I did was trying to activate a seller's account. It didn't work because the code I got to my phone when attempting to update my address on this user from the outdated [details removed] - to the current [details removed] - constantly said the number was wrong. I clicked the back-pedal a few times to retry it but after a few attempts that error-message started to show up and after that it never disappeared.

With the new Ebay-account I hoped to be able to activate a seller's account, and it worked - until Ebay decided to one minute later suspend my account indefinitely for no reason at all - and now I can't even buy stuff on the site like I could in june and may.

I feel like I've been excluded from the site without having broken any rule. Because of unwarranted suspicion.

The reason:

"Hello vicnyg-5,

After reviewing your eBay account, recent activity has raised serious security concerns. As a result, we've taken the following action on your account:

- Your eBay account has been suspended indefinitely.

- Item listings have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.

You won't be able to use eBay in any way. This includes using another existing account or registering a new account. Any outstanding selling fees are due immediately, and any amounts that you haven't previously disputed will be charged to the billing method currently on file. Please note this decision cannot be appealed.

We've taken this precaution to protect our members while we make sure that the activity doesn't cause harm -- however unintentionally -- to the eBay community.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email."

I don't understand this reason at all. I am [details removed], the cards are mine, the Paypal has been verified, I have bought Batman comics on this site in may and the money was delivered, I wanted to sell a rare computer game (R.U.S.E. ) recently because I did buy it in the store back in 2010 - and it's rare now, especially since it's unopened and has been pulled from Steam due to the license being expired for the stores to sell them - only "used copies" on the CD are available unless you own an unused copy like me.

I have never sold anything illegal, and the game is banned from the stores/Steam but not from being sold by people who already own it - I own an unused copy and could still sell it.

I've never failed to deliver a ware as this was my first attempt at selling on the site and I got suspended for literally trying to activate the "seller Account" - due to this being suspicious activity to you.

I don't know what to do, but this is totally unwarranted - I feel punished for wanting to sell something. So in essence you are not protecting your customers, you are preventing a customer from actually using the services provided here.

I could without problems buy stuff previously but now even that is suspended. And I do not feel like I have deserved this suspension. My personal number is [details removed]. I am the right person. I used many different browsers including the "Brave"-browser to try and activate the seller account. It prevents adds and such.

In any case, I have only tried to list an item - and I got suspended for it. I'd want the suspension gone as it's totally unwarranted. Or I will just delete my user, probably rate the service extremely low and go to the Swedish site Tradera instead.
    Ebay is obviously better.. But I can't do thanks to that suspension. Cheers/[details removed]."

My message to EBAY after being suspended today, because they think my attempts to activate my account for "selling" were suspicious..

Here is a post from another user experiencing the same thing:

Groups.google.com

The reason by the way, that I didn't use my account since 2008 - is because of the legal guardianship/conservatorship that I had enforced on me between november 2009 and may 2020.

I'm finally free to do anything, and they the company suspends my account for "suspicious recent activity"...

There is a reason I didn't be more active prior to may.. For ten years the Swedish state refused me these rights to use my own bank accounts.

Another guy posted about a similar thing a year ago, but he got the right to appeal - they even state "if you create a new user you might not be able to appeal" - what?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ebay/commen...ious_activity/

I had no idea about that - and also I couldn't verify the user "mr_nygren" because I got this error-message all the time: "Your request couldn't be processed because of a technical issue. Please try again."

The new user vicnyg-5 is verified.

But still got suspended?

They have such bad security that they do actually suspend the real owners of the accounts.

My finished list couldn't be listed.
    Last edited by Caillagh de Bodemloze; August 05, 2020 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Personal information removed at poster's request.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal