Thread: Floating menu during Battles: any way to come back to the usual sticky action buttons?

Default Floating menu during Battles: any way to come back to the usual sticky action buttons?

Dear all,
    I am re-starting playing Rome (BI, ALX)-based mods. I love MTW2K-mods, many things are more polished and good-looking, but the impact of Golden chevrons / top experience on units combat value is too low if compared to RTW (I must say I prefer IB to IB2). My type of play is very much to turtle (I think this is the right word: to grow slowly rather than to blitz). And obviously, I prefer history to looks.
    So before Diocletian's Restitutor Orbis is out, I am playing this great "what-if" of history, another Emperor-philosopher, the last one, Julianus, called by his enemies "the Apostate"(for French readers, read "Julien dit l'Apostat" by Jerphagnon, where Jerphagnon demonstrates that Julian was never Christian, so can't be Apostate).
    But there is one thing that I do not like, which is the fact that during Battles, the combat menu is in fact floating up in the air, hiding most of the times, whilst I prefer to use the basic but (IMHO) easier to manage normal actions buttons, stickied on the bottom, and never vanishing.
    Is there a quick and easy way to restore the "normal" action buttons during battles?
    Thanks a million,
    FFJean

Default Re: Floating menu during Battles: any way to come back to the usual sticky action buttons?

And sorry, another thing that is lacking from battle: I can't go faster (x1/x2/x4/etc)

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: Floating menu during Battles: any way to come back to the usual sticky action buttons?

Quote Originally Posted by FFJean View Post
    Dear all,
    I am re-starting playing Rome (BI, ALX)-based mods. I love MTW2K-mods, many things are more polished and good-looking, but the impact of Golden chevrons / top experience on units combat value is too low if compared to RTW (I must say I prefer IB to IB2). My type of play is very much to turtle (I think this is the right word: to grow slowly rather than to blitz). And obviously, I prefer history to looks.
    So before Diocletian's Restitutor Orbis is out, I am playing this great "what-if" of history, another Emperor-philosopher, the last one, Julianus, called by his enemies "the Apostate"(for French readers, read "Julien dit l'Apostat" by Jerphagnon, where Jerphagnon demonstrates that Julian was never Christian, so can't be Apostate).
    But there is one thing that I do not like, which is the fact that during Battles, the combat menu is in fact floating up in the air, hiding most of the times, whilst I prefer to use the basic but (IMHO) easier to manage normal actions buttons, stickied on the bottom, and never vanishing.
    Is there a quick and easy way to restore the "normal" action buttons during battles?
    Thanks a million,
    FFJean
    Try this:

If you want to revert back to the original battlescreen, then go to the preference.txt file and scroll down till you come to:

MINIMAL_UI:TRUE

Then change this to:

MINIMAL_UI:FALSE

Then save the file.

The destination path is SAI/preferences