Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Historical Toponymy Project by Cephalophore (Authentic Settlement Names)

Default Re: Historical Toponymy Project by Cephalophore (Authentic Settlement Names)

I added version 4 to the first post. Currently, Hamburg will show up as Magdeburg, but the next SSHIP will fix the position. Anyways, I hope people like it.

There are some renamed regions, but only about 1/3rd of the map.

Faction names aren't changed.

Let me know if there are any issues. Thanks.

Default Re: Historical Toponymy Project by Cephalophore (Authentic Settlement Names)

To use this mini-mod one will have to devote a small fraction of their time to editing some text files. The reason you have to do this is because the mod regularly releases new versions, which makes updating this difficult. I am not gifted in coding so I have never bothered to re-implement the lines required to play the Jerusalem captured videos.

BACK UP the "campaign_script.txt" in SSHIP098/data/world/maps/campaign/imperialcampaign
    and "expanded.txt" and "imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt" in SSHIP098/data/text.

If you decide to use this, my lazy and simple method would be to go into campaign_script.txt in (SSHIP_098\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign) and search for "AFTER CAPTURE NAME CHANGE" and delete all of the entries for the settlements that have coding for name changes in the current build. This will leave a blank area between settlement entries like this:
    Code:
            log --- Jerusalem AFTER CAPTURE NAME CHANGE -----------------------------------------------------------

log --- Jerusalem AFTER CAPTURE ARMY SPAWN
    The new campaign script files are very, very easy to read. So just be sure you are not deleting anything other than the existing name changing script.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/o2col...my+Mod.7z/file

This file contains the script you need to paste right above the bottom section:
    Code:
    PASTE HERE
    ;======================================================================================================
    ;---- END OF SCRIPT - DON'T DELETE WHAT'S BELOW

wait_monitors
    end_script
    Be sure to edit your expanded.txt and use the imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt

CHANGES ARE NOT SAVE GAME COMPATIBLE

A couple (2 or 3?) settlements have changed names in the newer versions of SSHIP which I have not updated.

I apologize for the convoluted instructions, I just want to make sure you guys can keep using this mini mod. Furthermore, you're always welcome to edit it or make changes as you see fit. I know my Byzantine Greek and Slavic toponyms aren't perfect, especially.
    Last edited by Cephalophore; May 27, 2023 at 06:45 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12