Thread: Now I know why this game has been so easy for me...

Default Now I know why this game has been so easy for me...

One word: Protectorate. After getting Milan as a client state I've been gettting over 15k tribute every turn, only from their two cities!.... recognise the figure?

Just to mention, this is the 2.0 problem. I guess in 2.1 we'll just get 5k tribute per turn as the AI cash boost is limited.

Giorgos's Avatar Deus Ex Machina

Default Re: Now I know why this game has been so easy for me...

2.1 is out. Go get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgos - Zahos View Post
    2.1 is out. Go get it.
    I would need to start a new campaign for that, so not yet. Just wanted Lusted to know a possible consequence of AI cash boost (any amount).

Arksa's Avatar Centenarius

2.1 is save compatible with 2.0

But the money script doesn't change (not sure why it wouldn't) if you play a 2.0 save game using 2.1. Read the sticky about 2.1.

I find it interesting that you are getting that much money from your vassal. While playing as the Moors in 2.0, I was forced to become a client state of France, Spain, and HRE. However, each of them agreed to give ME tribute of 1000-1500 Florians per turn for 10 turns. When I looked at my faction's end-of-turn balance, I got the money from them. But I didn't seem to be paying them anything. Is there a hidden column somewhere where it shows that I am paying them some amount of money? Or does it mot really matter that you are a client kingdom, other than national pride...
    Last edited by Faust Gottes; January 25, 2007 at 11:48 AM.
    "It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one." ~George Washington

Well the AI does most certainly pay tribute when they are vassaled by you
    “"The robber of your free will," writes Epictetus, "does not exist”

The player is much more able to spend his resources, so that when you end turn you don't lose that much of your treasury.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendoftheDork View Post
    The player is much more able to spend his resources, so that when you end turn you don't lose that much of your treasury.
    Why would you lose your treasury? It doesn't make much sense for a client kingdom to pay tribute from its surplus cash. If I'm collecting tribute, it had better be the first thing my vassal pays, because if I don't see my money there's going to be blood shed. Besides, the AI generally uses a spend policy and burns through cash too.

Ebusitanus's Avatar Senator

As I understand it you get the surplus cash.

wow. someone didn't think that through very well. I have had surplus cash a few turns and NOT lost it to one of my masters. Maybe this problem will only present itself because of the huge cash bonus the AI gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust Gottes View Post
    wow. someone didn't think that through very well. I have had surplus cash a few turns and NOT lost it to one of my masters. Maybe this problem will only present itself because of the huge cash bonus the AI gets.
    Protectorates have been buggy since RTW 1.0.

Here's how it should be: Vassals pay half their net profit each turn to their liege lord. This means everything after all other expenses except recruitment, mercenaries and construction. Vassals should not get a negative treasury, but neither should they be able to just spend it all on recruitment and building so they have nothing to "tax".
    Last edited by FriendoftheDork; January 26, 2007 at 06:24 PM.