Thread: CHANGE UNIT SIZE FROM 2x TO 1.5x

Default CHANGE UNIT SIZE FROM 2x TO 1.5x

I'm looking for some help regarding adjusting unit sizes. I want to change the multiplier of 2x to 1.5x. So I changed the preferences/scripts/2x/custom to 1.5x. I choose Europe campaign, load custom user script, and start a Denmark campaign. All is well so far...I save the game and use esf editor to adjust the max army size to 40 units. My problem is that the UI mod for 40 units wont work...I've tried moving the pack file to \data, and I've tried adding the line "mod 40unitsUI.pack" to the custom script (upon starting, darthmod removes that pack file back to \dmn\data)...I have also tried replacing the UI template with alb123 UI beta mod for 40 unit UI... None of that seems to work to get the 40 unit UI working... How do I make my own 40 unit save with 1.5x multiplier and keep the 40 Unit UI mod working? Any help is much appreciated!

Ps- I'm operating under the premise that the 40 unit saves provided cant be adjusted for unit size, as it seemed not to work when I tried

Default Re: CHANGE UNIT SIZE FROM 2x TO 1.5x

To answer my own question, for the sake of any others who may experience this problem in the future. First make sure you setup your graphics options in Vanilla Napoleon, ultra unit size etc...Now set your preferences script to read only. Launch Darthmod and enable SP campaign, close launcher. Second step is to apply the unit multiplier to your user script.Then the 2x script, and the custom script located in /DMN/scripts...Next get the Darthmod launcher up and setup your options and choose the campaign you want. (dont load a 40 unit save, we are going to make our own). So for example if you want Bavaria choose the Europe campaign. Final step before pressing play (auto-start), is to add the line "mod 40unitsUI.pack" to the custom script. Now enable the custom script and press play....When the game start go to campaign choose Darthmod campaign and choose your country...When you are in the game save it. Now exit, open up your esf.editor and edit your save to include the amount of units you want, I chose 35 (assuming you know how)...Now from this point when you launch Darthmod, go to the campaign options and choose a 40 unit save as if you were going to use it...( I think this is necessary for darthmod to load the ui mod, maybe?) you dont need to load custom script...Basically now you can just launch the game whenever and choose your save file. You should now have your own 40 unit save with your own custom unit size and campaign options such as no time limit.

Ps- My favorite multiplier is 1.7, also you may notice that the initial starting units numbers aren't right...I dont know what causes this but its not a big deal...So for example at 1.7x line infantry will have 306 men, but the initial 2 line infantry units in your capital will be 288 men...You can just disband them and re-recruit them at proper size or do what I do and keep them as townguards.

Though I've noticed this only for the 2 initial -infantry- units, the artillery and cavalry that you start the campaign with will be 1.7x unit size....strange