Thread: Burrek's Textures compatible?

Default Burrek's Textures compatible?

I'm going to try installing the early and high period packs but was wondering if anyone has already tried? I don't want to corrupt LTC 2. I'll also try the blood and dirt and the Knaves and Knights but I *think* they modify some files that Lusted uses?

Default Re: Burrek's Textures compatible?

If you use Burrek's early and hidh period textures then it won't affect your LTC 2, but using Knaves and Knives might cause some problems.
    I am waiting for LTC 2.1 and then starting new campaing with Burek's textures + Horsearcher skymod + Ultimate AI 1.1 unless AI 1.1 will be in LTC 2.1
    Waiting...

Okay I'll try early and high period textures. 2.1 will use AI 1.1 so Lusted has said but I will install it myself for my next campaign unless 2.1 is forthcoming quite quickly. I'm already using Horsearchers skymod too!

I've just installed the textures (early, high and skymod along with the dirt and blood) with LTC 2.0 and WOW what an improvement! I can't be sure about this but I think it has also fixed some graphical glitches I was experiencing with the shadows; either way it looks very impressive indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stanbridge View Post
    I've just installed the textures (early, high and skymod along with the dirt and blood) with LTC 2.0 and WOW what an improvement! I can't be sure about this but I think it has also fixed some graphical glitches I was experiencing with the shadows; either way it looks very impressive indeed!
    Hi Phil! How do you install the early and high period texture with Horsearcher Skymod already installed. I have blood and skymod from horsearcher installed and want to incorporate early and high mod but get so confuse with the Mod swith (-io). can you go over step by step on how to do this for me?

Thanx.

Quote Originally Posted by messenger42 View Post
    Hi Phil! How do you install the early and high period texture with Horsearcher Skymod already installed. I have blood and skymod from horsearcher installed and want to incorporate early and high mod but get so confuse with the Mod swith (-io). can you go over step by step on how to do this for me?

Thanx.
    Sure! I will do so after dinner if you don't mind. It's not that difficult.

Sure! I will do so after dinner if you don't mind. It's not that difficult.
    I appreciate that Phil. You know LTC 2.1 is out. Can't wait if we can intergrate all this mods together, gonna have a blast...

Quote Originally Posted by messenger42 View Post
    I appreciate that Phil. You know LTC 2.1 is out. Can't wait if we can intergrate all this mods together, gonna have a blast...
    Indeed they all seem to work together nicely.

Okay follow this:

Install Horsearcher's skymod
    Install Burrek's Early period/High period and blood and dirt mod (make sure the files go in the DATA folder and not the LTC Data folder!

Install LTC 2.1

Edit the Landstoconquer.cfg with notepad and add:

[io]
    file_first = true

Then save it and set the file to read-only. That should be it, or at least that what's I've done and it works a treat!

Indeed they all seem to work together nicely.

Okay follow this:

Install Horsearcher's skymod
    Install Burrek's Early period/High period and blood and dirt mod (make sure the files go in the DATA folder and not the LTC Data folder!

Install LTC 2.1

Edit the Landstoconquer.cfg with notepad and add:

[io]
    file_first = true

Then save it and set the file to read-only. That should be it, or at least that what's I've done and it works a treat!

So Phil Let me get this correct.

So after you installed all the 4 mods, then open the LTC.cfg with notepad and type exactly like below:

[io]
    file_first = true

and that should be good?...Thanks....

Yeah install the four mods and be careful to make sure the right files are in the right places - you'll see when you open the folders up.

Add that text to the config file then you're good to go! It's absolutely ace by the way.

Eh... I havve just got one battle and I think there is something wrong. I have cool sky from Horsearcher mod, I have LTC installed but I can't see any blood?!?!
    Before adding Burrek's mod I had blood from horsearcher but now I can't see any? I put Horsearcher's files and Burrek's files into data in main folder + landstoconquer as well to be sure...
    Any clue?

Okay - Burrek's files overwrite the horsearcher files (the file that effects the blood anyway). But you should see Burrek's "blood" as a result.

Tell me do you have blood_01.texture in your data/overlaytextures folder?

Yep I have got blood_01.texture, blood_02.texture and blood_03.texture but I cannot see blood at all, neiter dust

Edit:

Can it be caused by that I have these files in my main data folder and in the LTC mod data folder as well?

And another question - which blood is better? The one from horsearcher or the Burrek's one?
    Last edited by Diablotic; January 24, 2007 at 03:19 PM.

hmm curious - I would back track perhaps try an uninstall of Skymod and The Burrek's files and then try it again. Reinstall it in the order above though.

I prefer The Burrek's blood effect to be honest - it splatters much more but it isn't overkill and you can actually see it from a distance now which helps and looks great (in a morbid way).