Thread: Minor Factions unable to recruit Artillery

Default Minor Factions unable to recruit Artillery

I decided recently to branch out from the main factions and play some of the minor factions. I have played Saxony, Wurtemburg, and, Switzerland. In none of these instances have I been able to recruit artillery, which makes it somewhat difficult to fight and win battles.

Is there something I am missing with regard to being able to recruit artillery with minor factions?

Thanks in advance,

Eve

Default Re: Minor Factions unable to recruit Artillery

OK, I set it up to play emergent factions, and, deleted my main building, built an artillery factory. I am playing as Brittany. I was able to get France to give me Normandie for a couple technologies and an obscene amount of moneys. But, surely, this is not the way to do this? If I were playing as Saxony, or, another power that had nothing nearby which a major power was willing to exchange, or, that was held by a minor power I could just take it from, I would be truly out of luck. If France had not been willing to give up Normandie, my next choice was going to be get my 12 pounders, then delete the Artillery factory, and, rebuild it as an Infantry recruiting building.

That seems borked to me.

Default Re: Minor Factions unable to recruit Artillery

Yeah you need the artillery buildings I think, I'm sure there is a tutorial out there somewhere to edit the settlements and give britanny more building slots - as it is now the number of slots to not change, so if you're a small faction you're ed. Shame.