Thread: Wonderful mod, even after all these years

Default Wonderful mod, even after all these years

First of all, I wanted to express my appreciation for the people who created this mod. It's still very good, and personally I find it more enjoyable than Rome 2.

Just started a Seleucid campaign a few weeks ago and I am amazed how plausibly everything developed until now - I reached 255: while I stuck basically to Antiochus III's objectives, the Epirotes took southern Italy from Rome and Macedon conquered Greece. The Romanes were forced to go north, against the Gauls and other barbarians. I smashed the Lagids in 2 Syrian wars, but I chose not to conquer them, only to force them into a protectorate - and now they are tamed, but extremely rich. Pontus is very strong in northern Asia Minor, the Gets are expanding in central and eastern Europe, since Macedon focused on its southern neighbours. With Rome beaten by Pyrrhus, Carthage seems to be powerful, but not overwhelming - it still fights for Sicily.

Beat the Parthians in 3 wars (after they managed to take Maracanda from me for a year) but they keep coming back, although I tried to create a Bactrian buffer between us. Also, because I kicked the Galatians out of Asia Minor, I got to be neighbours with the Antigonids, who are very aggresive, forcing me to conquer Pella.

In my opinion, it's a rather probable state of the world if, around 275, Pyrrhus managed to defeat Rome and Antiochus I, the Galatians.

Money is good, but not flowing - if I started recruiting elites, I would probably be in financial trouble pretty fast). Lots of small revolts, many unruly cities.

Another fun thing: while I try to keep my armies plausible (lots of cheap local infantry, elites only for the king and his heir and mainly as a guard, only recruited 2 phalanxes from the beginning of the game - and one of them is colonial), I noticed that the AI also mainly realistic armies - few elite units, many cheap skirmishers - and there is no stack spamming.

(also, tried to attach some screen captures, but no luck)

Default Re: Wonderful mod, even after all these years

My fav.