Thread: desc_banner_new

Default desc_banner_new

Hi ,someone knows what I must modify in order to change the banner of the units in the battle map?

I would like to differentiate the banner between norman an english.

yes I am looking for the same thing as well.....

I figured out the campaign map banner....
    Make sure the symbol index is point to the right one. By default it is 12 which is England's. I still can't figure out were the pointer is for the battle map banners....
    Last edited by Amroth; July 25, 2008 at 03:06 AM. Reason: dp

B. Ward's Avatar ★★★★ RockNRolla ★★★★

Default Re: desc_banner_new

First you will need to create a new faction banner for the Normans and a translucency texture of the new faction banner. The translucency banner is just your new faction banner in black&white. Then you'll need to change the various entries in the descr_banners_new.xml file. Look for all the entries that appear as such

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    <Texture Faction="Normans" DiffuseMap="banners\textures\Faction_banner_england.texture" TranslucencyMap="banners\textures\Faction_banner_england_trans.texture"/>

Change all these entries to reflect the name of your new banner files. For learning purposes we will call them Faction_banner_normans.texture and Faction_banner_normans_trans.texture.

So now your entries should look like this:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    <Texture Faction="Normans" DiffuseMap="banners\textures\Faction_banner_normans.texture" TranslucencyMap="banners\textures\Faction_banner_normans_trans.texture"/>

Tools you will need for this will be .dds plugin for either Photoshop or Gimp, depending on which image editing software you use.

alpaca's .dds to texture converter
    my battle banner template