Thread: Forced Diplomacy mod

Default Forced Diplomacy mod

So I have never been able to deal with the, "fight to the last man, I have one province so your empire should be my vassal" rtw ai that EB was stuck with, so this mod was a must. I was horrified to find that it has vanished from the internet, but through some miracle I found it on one of my external hard drives. So figured I'd upload it here.

Its not just the mod, its the two folders the mod installs to, I couldn't remember which files are necessary so I left them all in. Just extract to the folder that your data folder is in and you are good to go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Forced Diplomacy mod

, this file is missing the modified EXPORT_DESCR_ADVICE file in the data folder and doesn't work. tried to figure out how to recreate it using this but failed due to lack of knowledge, if anyone knows how to do that I would be interested.

Hi mate! Just follow very carefully instructions in the thread you linked, I have been using that same thread for 13 years and it always worked. Don't use your archive because as I can see there are a bunch of unnecessary files as well.

I'll try to guide you as best as I can but I doubt I can make better than good old DimeBagHo.

1-Open your EB\data\export_descr_advice.txt. Look for Help_UI_Panel_Diplomacy_Early_Advice_Thread and replace the whole section with this:
    Code:
    AdviceThread Help_UI_Panel_Diplomacy_Early_Advice_Thread
        GameArea Campaign

Item Help_UI_Panel_Diplomacy_Early_Advice_Text_01
            Suppressible n
            Uninhibitable
            Verbosity  0
            Threshold  1 
            Attitude Normal
            Presentation Default
            Title Help_UI_Panel_Diplomacy_Early_Advice_Text_01_Title
            Script scripts\show_me\Force_Diplomacy.txt
            Text Help_UI_Panel_Diplomacy_Early_Advice_Text_01_Text1
    2-Look for 2085B_UI_Panel_Diplomacy_Help_Trigger and replace the whole section with this:
    Code:
    Trigger 2085B_UI_Panel_Diplomacy_Help_Trigger
        WhenToTest ScrollAdviceRequested

Condition ScrollAdviceRequested diplomacy_scroll

AdviceThread Help_UI_Panel_Diplomacy_Early_Advice_Thread  0
    3-Open EB\data\text\export_advice.txt, look for Help_UI_Panel_Diplomacy_Early_Advice and replace the two entries with these:
    Code:
    {Help_UI_Panel_Diplomacy_Early_Advice_Text_01_Title}    Force Diplomacy 

{Help_UI_Panel_Diplomacy_Early_Advice_Text_01_Text1}
    You can force this faction to accept your offer by clicking on the "show me how" button.
    4-Go to your EB\data\scripts\show_me folder. If there's any file named like ForceDiplomacy, delete it.

5-Right click in that folder and create a new text file. Rename it Force_Diplomacy.txt. Copy this section inside it and save it.

Code:
    script
        declare_show_me
        declare_counter loop

monitor_event AbandonShowMe    TrueCondition
            suspend_unscripted_advice false
            console_command force_diplomacy off
            terminate_script
        end_monitor    

monitor_event ScrollClosed ScrollClosed diplomacy_scroll
            ui_flash_stop
            console_command force_diplomacy off
            terminate_script
        end_monitor        

suspend_unscripted_advice true

console_command force_diplomacy accept

while I_CompareCounter loop = 0
        end_while

end_script
    And you're good to go.

My version is 1.2 and I downloaded it from the EB website. The export_descr_advice.txt in mine is written like this EXPORT_DESCR_ADVICE.TXT with all capital letters and does not have the Help_UI_Panel_Diplomacy_Early_Advice_Thread section and the demias to conclude, apparently the files are different. How do I solve this problem and add Force Diplomacy by editing the files and where do I add these codes?

I am playing Eb 1.3 Part for Alexander and I can't seem to get any iteration of the Force Diplomacy Mod to work. I just double checked all of my files against the example here and they are identical yet it still doesn't work. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dachanto View Post
    I am playing Eb 1.3 Part for Alexander and I can't seem to get any iteration of the Force Diplomacy Mod to work. I just double checked all of my files against the example here and they are identical yet it still doesn't work. If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful.
    You get try my Force Diplomacy in ModDB (I uploaded too), it is suitable for version 1.2 but it may work if you try.

EB 1.2 or 1.33 Force Diplomacy: https://www.moddb.com/mods/europa-ba...orce-diplomacy
    Fall of the Republic & Rise of the Empire: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...FRRE-mod-links