Thread: Smoke and Sound from DME

Neron25's Avatar Foederatus

Default Smoke and Sound from DME

I've always loved sounds of muskets and artillery in DME as well as smoke effects. However I didn't like all the settings, mechanics and playstyle that Darthmod introduces. So i decided to implement these realistic and beautiful smoke/sound effects to vanilla version and created this mod.

The mod consists of two files:

DME_BSM_Vanilla.pack
    - smoke effects (muskets, artillery, explosions etc.)
    DME_Sounds_Vanilla.pack - sound effects (all weapons, melee combat, drum marching music etc.)

You can use both of them or only one according to your needs.
    The files are adjusted to vanilla version (range, accuracy etc.)

All credit goes to DarthVader and DME team for making these effects (https://www.twcenter.net/forums/show...am-amp-Credits)

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/s6lub8...Smoke.rar/file

Mod manager:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/twmodmanager/

Unzip and put the files (or the file) to your Empire data folder and activate with mod manager or manually in user.empire_script.txt

Regards
    Feedback aprecciated!
    Last edited by Neron25; March 22, 2020 at 06:07 PM.

Default Re: Smoke and Sound from DME

Hi, nice job mate. It works for me, but it only worked when I activated it in the Mod Manager AND wrote the line on the User Script. I have found that some mods do that, I don't know if it is just my case. I am playing a tweaked Vanilla version with some mods, among them Atmospheric Battle Sounds, might be a conflict there, but when I activated it both ways it worked and I have ATM v 1.2 and this musket sounds. Didn't try DME Smoke because I already have MechDonald's, it works better for me.

This is really nice because I always preferred DME musket combination of sounds than any other musket sound mod. Although maybe historically inaccurate (Gen Andy's seems to be the one that nails it, I was using that) I really liked the more powerful sound combination of shot sounds in DME. So this is a mod that I had been wishing for for a long time, I even asked for it once. So thanks a lot mate! Good job. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by HGRC View Post
    Hi, nice job mate. It works for me, but it only worked when I activated it in the Mod Manager AND wrote the line on the User Script. I have found that some mods do that, I don't know if it is just my case. I am playing a tweaked Vanilla version with some mods, among them Atmospheric Battle Sounds, might be a conflict there, but when I activated it both ways it worked and I have ATM v 1.2 and this musket sounds. Didn't try DME Smoke because I already have MechDonald's, it works better for me.

This is really nice because I always preferred DME musket combination of sounds than any other musket sound mod. Although maybe historically inaccurate (Gen Andy's seems to be the one that nails it, I was using that) I really liked the more powerful sound combination of shot sounds in DME. So this is a mod that I had been wishing for for a long time, I even asked for it once. So thanks a lot mate! Good job. +rep
    Thanks mate, im glad you like it

Hmm, based on my experience with Pack file manager it should automaticcaly create and overwrite user.script file when you click "Launch" button. I don't know maybe it depends on PFM version on version you are using?

I've tried to use Sound mod and ATM together, there is conflict between them concerning soldiers screams, bullet and sword impact sounds but they still can be used together. But im not sure if DME sounds overwrite those from ATM and from what I noticed many of these sounds are the same in both mods. It's possible to make this mod version with ATM sounds though, if you like them more.

According to this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS1NDMN9Gnw, i can say that Gen Andy's musket sounds are more like reenactor weapons, without cartridge and round inside.

By PFM you mean Mod Manager, isn't it? Mod Manager is what I am using, not PFM to create movie and mod packs.

I don't click launch button, it crashes my game, so I exit Mod manager and start Empire normally, desktop shortcut. It works that way for me. So I don't know if anything overwrites anything, what you say makes sense, of course, but some other mods didn't get activated when I checked them only in the Mod Manager, but when I wrote the line in the user script they did...So it would seem that user script has a preference over Mod Manager (so the other way around?) But I wouldn't know, I cannot say.

I've been playing for a while and I noticed that no sounds from ATM were lost, so it might be what you say, that the sounds are the same or that the two mods are fully compatible. Nevertheless, it works, so thank you again.

I have another question. I saw you posted a few days ago a Royal family tree mod fixed, I tried it but didn't work. But I am using the Baroque UI mod (beautiful UI), so do you think there might be a conflict with a mod that modifies UI?

Yeah Gen Andy's is OK, I chose that one because I couldn't find THESE musket sounds for Vanilla. I love them.

Quote Originally Posted by HGRC View Post
    By PFM you mean Mod Manager, isn't it? Mod Manager is what I am using, not PFM to create movie and mod packs.

I don't click launch button, it crashes my game, so I exit Mod manager and start Empire normally, desktop shortcut. It works that way for me. So I don't know if anything overwrites anything, what you say makes sense, of course, but some other mods didn't get activated when I checked them only in the Mod Manager, but when I wrote the line in the user script they did...So it would seem that user script has a preference over Mod Manager (so the other way around?) But I wouldn't know, I cannot say.

I've been playing for a while and I noticed that no sounds from ATM were lost, so it might be what you say, that the sounds are the same or that the two mods are fully compatible. Nevertheless, it works, so thank you again.

I have another question. I saw you posted a few days ago a Royal family tree mod fixed, I tried it but didn't work. But I am using the Baroque UI mod (beautiful UI), so do you think there might be a conflict with a mod that modifies UI?

Yeah Gen Andy's is OK, I chose that one because I couldn't find THESE musket sounds for Vanilla. I love them.
    Oh, i meant of course Mod manager, sorry for that mistake.

It crashes my game too and i have to start Empire from desktop shortcut, but from what i know, when i click launch button, mod manager overwrites user.empire script depending on your current mod configuration, i just ignore steam error and start Empire normally.

I will try using family mod with Baroque UI myself and then i will tell you what can cause problem.

HGRC,

Well, family mod and Baroque UI works fine together for me, maybe u can share what other mods are you using? Its possible that one of them cause problems. Are you getting CTD or family tree button doesnt' display?

Family tree button doesn't display.

I'm using:

ATM
    AUM-EMP
    Baroque UI
    Nap Effects
    Period portraits
    No tracers
    Realistic Flag Set
    No Winters
    Bran Campaign AI (Ottoman Bug)
    Mechdonalds' BSM
    fonts4steplarger
    shokh hates sieges
    Early Campaign all factions playable no FOW

and your sounds.Oh and GEMFX 1.09, can't play Medieval or Empire without it.

Have you tried disabling all mods and than run empire only with royal family mod? I don't think GEMFX is causing any problems with game files. If you still have trouble with it, check if you installed family mod correctly.
    And sorry for long time reply, i've been busy Irl

I've been thinking it may be fonts 4 step larger. It makes text disappear or clip through Ui borders, so maybe it's that.

Well, no, don't worry, and thank you very much for your help.

You're welcome my friend I wish you many interesting and challenging campaigns

Thanks Neron for making this.
    Could you make the unit skin only from Darthmod, I like Darthmod skin

Quote Originally Posted by Soap Mactavish View Post
    Thanks Neron for making this.
    Could you make the unit skin only from Darthmod, I like Darthmod skin
    I was thinking about it and i will probably do this when i have time.

I have a suggestion
    Delete "projectile_table" to avoid conflict with other mods that change the range of artillery shot

I've tried this, and while the sound mod works perfectly, I've found that the Smoke mod crashed my game every time a mortar was fired and the projectile hit the ground. So, I've done what was suggested by Soap Mactavish and deleted the projectile_table. Hasn't crashed for me after about 7-8 hours of play and definitely not on mortar fire. Link for modified file is here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fqc...usp=share_link