Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trolling wars about the "Greek Freak" :)

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Default Trolling wars about the "Greek Freak" :)

Well, this is bleak - but what isn't?

Giannis, reigning NBA Mvp, made a point to draft first two players from (born in?) Africa in the 2020 all-star game, and called them his "african brothers". This makes sense, given Giannis' own parents are from Nigeria.
    Now he was born in Greece, in the dreadful Athens, but both his parents are from Nigeria so obviously he has "african blood". One has to suppose he never expected trolling wars to erupt following his nice comment, cause he is a very respectable personality and an actual role model. But they did.

I think that, as Giannis does, people should simply identify him as linking two worlds (assuming one wants to see two countries as actual monolithic entities, which they aren't), and thus see this positively, as he does. It is rather petty to try to play one side against the other. He has a greek name, as do all his brothers, and despite living in Athens ( ) clearly they liked Greece.

Also, let's not be so egotistic. I mean on my part I fear that such conflict may prevent me from sending him some story and try to ride on his coat-tails like Shaq did with Kobe.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Akar's Avatar Faustian Bargain Maker
    Patrician Citizen

a 7/11 parking lot with Patron and LaCroix
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Trolling wars about the "Greak Freak" :)

Is Shaq riding Kobe's coat tails what caused the chopper to crash?

Check out the TWC D&D game!
    Message me on Discord (.akar.) for an invite to the Thema Devia Discord
    Daughter, Heir, and Wartime Consigliere of King Athelstan

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Truth be told, Kyrakios is Giannis. He's been fooling us this entire time with his quirky mathematician persona, but in reality he's been a taller than average white Greek who dresses up in full and convincing blackface and full body skin blackening with an Afro-hair wig. Kyriakos even hired former crisis actors from Nigeria to pose as his parents, but they aren't his real parents. Kyriakos is doing all of this as an elaborate social experiment for a documentary film, but what he doesn't realize is that it will all backfire and everyone including film critics and NBA fans will pan it, because Kyriakos is questionably racist for his blackface and certainly manipulative for deceiving so many adoring fans who simply deserve better than to be lied to like this.

Shame on you, Kyriakos. For shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Truth be told, Kyrakios is Giannis. He's been fooling us this entire time with his quirky mathematician persona, but in reality he's been a taller than average white Greek who dresses up in full and convincing blackface and full body skin blackening with an Afro-hair wig. Kyriakos even hired former crisis actors from Nigeria to pose as his parents, but they aren't his real parents. Kyriakos is doing all of this as an elaborate social experiment for a documentary film, but what he doesn't realize is that it will all backfire and everyone including film critics and NBA fans will pan it, because Kyriakos is questionably racist for his blackface and certainly manipulative for deceiving so many adoring fans who simply deserve better than to be lied to like this.

Shame on you, Kyriakos. For shame.
    Perhaps not surprisingly, that would be the gist of the story. Some freakish player who is actually mechanical and only created for hoarding money and siphoning personal despair.
    But deep down I am a good person

Quote Originally Posted by Akar View Post

"While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"

Giannis is just his first name, though, as his surname is Antetokounmpo. I think that his complete name reflects better the multicultural origins of the famous basketball player. By the way, Antetokounmpo also has a brother named Francis, which is not Greek, because he was born in Nigeria. Where you are born is pretty important, when it comes to Greece, since the right of citizenship is based on the obsolete principle of jus sanguinis, which meant that both Giannis and his younger brothers were literally stateless. Hopefully, his successful career could convince the political establishment to gradually reform the archaic legislation, but I'm not very confident, especially considering how controversial the issue of immigration has become lately.

Way to take part in the petty trolling wars, Abdul /disgust

Shaq must be arrested immediately for prosecution and persecution, both! For the first degree murder of Kobe Bryant, his daughter, and the other passengers of that helicopter, but also for the second degree murder of his own career when he decided to accept casting as the central character in the rightfully panned 1997 superhero film Steel, a true travesty and plague upon mankind, the adverse effects of which have not yet been entirely scrubbed clean from society. For shame, Shaquille O'Neal!

I will gladly stand witness at Shaq's trial as a person who was directly affected by his film, which made me vomit a little bit in my mouth but thankfully I suppressed these dangerous stomach acids instead of allowing them to eat away at my upper gastrointestinal tract.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    Perhaps not surprisingly, that would be the gist of the story. Some freakish player who is actually mechanical and only created for hoarding money and siphoning personal despair.
    But deep down I am a good person

Tell that to the jury, you guilty Greek bastard! You'll have your day in court soon enough.

----

On a serious note, I see nothing wrong with a Nigerian dude having Greek citizenship and being culturally Greek even if he isn't ancestrally Greek and even if he still shares a Nigerian culture with his family. People are complicated. We can't just pigeonhole, force fit and square peg everybody into a round hole where they don't belong. It's okay to have multiple aspects to your overall cultural or national identity. A lot of people have dual citizenship and layers of complexity when it comes to their national identity or ethnic affiliation. Him living in the US with family and playing professionally for the Milwaukee Bucks for the foreseeable future will probably also eventually "Americanize" him a bit.

However, he will most likely remain a devoted follower of the Greek Orthodox Church, another aspect of his identity tying him to his home country of Greece.

I have only one thing to say to your machinations against rage, Roma:
    some of those that force workers, are the same that cross burners.

I rest my case

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

Wait but that's not even the right lyrics

Cookiegod's Avatar CIVUS DIVUS EX CLIBANO
    Citizen

I refuse to accept anyone as Greek who cannot trace his roots back all the way to Socrates

I agree, but at least Giannis speaks greek, so I give him a pass

Btw, he doesn't have the ridiculous accent either, unlike the "greek-american" interviewer in that video

Citizen

Default Re: Trolling wars about the "Greek Freak" :)

Can you trace back your roots to Socrates though

I don't need to, I am directly descended from emperor Alexios Komnenos.
    So yeah, me, Giannis, we don't need to prove anything. But the pleb does :/

Patrician Citizen

Blog Entries

I love some casual racism

I love some casual racism
    Don't be a normie

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    I don't need to, I am directly descended from emperor Alexios Komnenos.
    So you are a Turk

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiegod View Post
    From Socrates over Jesus to me it has always been the lot of any true visionary to be rejected by the reactionary bourgeoisie
    Qualis noncives pereo! #justiceforcookie #egalitéfraternitécookié #CLM

I'm part Sicilian, meaning I am by default a direct descendant of Hiero II of Syracuse and the great mathematician Archimedes, so Socrates can take a hike.

It's funny, though, I'm American, not even from Greece and even I could tell that that Greek American dude's accent was significantly different from that of Giannis. Glad he's getting his Greek cuisine fix here in the States at least. Say what you want about America, we have tons of legit/authentic ethnic restaurants for any given country.

Citizen

That would be difficult, both being male and Archimedes, just like Sokrates, having died childless.

Does your Chinese restaurant feature bats and your Greek restaurant charge different prices depending on your nationality?
    Last edited by Cookiegod; February 14, 2020 at 04:21 AM.

No you big silly, when you go that far back in time you can have multiple paternal ancestors. However, I do find the concept of Archimedes knocking up King Hiero as being kinda funny in a Schwarzenegger being impregnated by DeVito in Junior (1994) kind of way.

While I am unsure about the bats, I've been to a few Chinese restaurants in New York's China Town where they have some gruesome stuff and of course heads still on the animal that you are eating, not just fish. That being said, authentic Chinese food is pretty good, especially the spicy Szechuan stuff. As for Greek restaurants being discriminatory, it's the food that's authentic, not the entire experience. You never fool yourself into thinking you're in Greece rather than still being in the US but having decent foreign food.

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Consul Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    No you big silly, when you go that far back in time you can have multiple paternal ancestors.
    I can trace my ancestors back to Neanderthal, now beat me on that

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast