Thread: Irony

Default Irony

Your faithful, to Allah, Egyptian tester here. I found this to be ironically funny, so I decide to post. However, as I am not sure it's a bug, I created my own thread.

It is the year 1198 and my very first visitor is received. It is an emissary from the Pope. He has come to offer me ... an alliance.

I do believe I soon convert him to the one true faith. :hmmm:

Default Re: Irony

Unfortunately there's about nothing that can stop the AI to ask for silly allegiances, unless there's some undocument commands (actually there's a ton of them) which CA don't use in its AI scripts.

I can make these allegiances crumble the very next turn thorugh scripts, we're still undecided if this is the road to follow as we're really prefer to stop them to happen in first place.

Default Re: Irony

It became even more comical. In a couple of turns after the alliance (yes, I accepted, I wanted to see what would happen), the Papacy declared a crusade on Constantinople which I control. This of course broke the alliance.

What was scary is that the same turn the crusade began, a storm hit Constantinople and killed some forces and generals I had there. It was a bad omen.

Then a couple of more turns later, the Papacy comes and asks me for peace, even though the crusade is still going on.

Then as the Pope's army approaches the outskirts of the city, another storm comes, killing more of my defenders, but also killing the Papal general. I was laughing and crying at the same time. The two storms nearly wiped out 3 stacks of armies I had outside the city awaiting the various crusading forces.