Thread: Cant find some faction symbols in data folder

Default Cant find some faction symbols in data folder

Here are symbols i cant find http://i79.imagethrust.com/images/3e...-image/1.html/
    Does somebody know in which folder they are?Because i want to reskin them.

Default Re: Cant find some faction symbols in data folder

The empty settlement flags are in the data/models_strat folder. The operative ones have # in the front of their name.

The banner symbols are in the data/banners folder. They are grouped four to a file, and appear to be selectable by number from the descr_sm_factions file.

Yes and the last one is in data\ui\southern_european\interface.

Anyone know how to "connect" a new shield design for a brand new faction added to the game (rather than simply editing an existing one, that is already "linked")?

Just to add to my last question:

The selection shield buttons for the starting menu can all be found in data/menu/symbols/fe_buttons_48. These can be changed or added no problem (You have to change all of them because they are part of a flashing sequence).

The shield on the main campaign console appear to be located in data/ui/southern_european/interface. They are part of stratpage_02.tga and stratpage_04.tga. I imagine that there is some hardcoding that indicates the spot on these files the game is supposed to look, given various "logo" instructions in the descr_sm_factions.txt file. There is at least one "empty" spot that looks like a shield belongs there, but I'm unsure how to access it OR whether there are other slots available for shield logos. There also appear to be mini-shields (for the campaign map dropdown on settlements and regions) including as part of sharedpage_01.tga (same folder), but I have the same question about whether there are any empty slots (I can't see any) and how to access them via instructions.

Any clues out there?