Thread: Any unused character models still left in the game?

edders's Avatar Senator

Default Any unused character models still left in the game?

After watching a few of the pre-release trailers for the game I was struck by how good (if out-of-place) the original battle models for the captain (floppy-hatted guy) and general (similar to the current model but less decoration - still shown in some of the event scrolls e.g. your reinforcements have arrived, the enemy assaults your settlement etc.) were. Are they perhaps still present in the game but unused, ready to be activated with a few changes to the text files?

Default Re: Any unused character models still left in the game?

in descr_character.txt is where all info is on geberals saxon/naormans use the special general with the crown, and in here(export_descr_unit.txt) is Duke William, Rufus, King Harold, King Henry, King Francis, King Richard, King Guy, Saladin, Hernan Cortes, Bohemond of Taranto, Qilich Arslan, King Wladyslaw, Grand Master Ulrich. there gaurd units.
    "When you do something right; it will seem as though you haven't done anything at all." -Space God
    http://www.mtgfanatic.com/?ForumReferrerID=127300

edders's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Any unused character models still left in the game?

Thanks, although I knew about the norman/saxon kings. I'm pretty sure the special characters are mainly just bodyguard units renamed so that when you're commanding Rufus your general will be "Rufus" rather than "bodyguard". Pity it couldn't be done for the actual campaign game.

Anyway, it seems no-one knows of this? Maybe they just plain cut them after all .