Thread: Need help: Weapon not visible

Default Need help: Weapon not visible

hi,
    i created a unit for myself for avelorn. An armored female sword and shield unit.
    At frist i designed her with the princess sword and that worked. But then i saw the sword from the sisters of avelorn. And i thought the princess-sword is for the animation and female unit to big. So i changed it to the sword of the sisters of avelorn. But it is invisible. I do no know why. Maybe because its the 2nd weapon of an archer unit? I habe not seen this weapon on other units. Here is the code:

But the core of the code comes from szzsjoe and his mod: Wood Elf units for Avelorn which can be find here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1677747850
    Code:
    <VARIANT_MESH>
        <SLOT name="head" >
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/hu1b/hef/hef_princess/hef_princess_head_02.rigid_model_v2" />
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/hu1b/hef/hef_princess/hef_princess_head_03.rigid_model_v2" />
        </SLOT>
        <SLOT name="torso" >
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/hu1b/hef/hef_princess/hef_princess_body_01.rigid_model_v2" >
                 <META_DATA>audio_armour_type:plate</META_DATA>             <META_DATA>audio_actor_id:actor_03</META_DATA>             <META_DATA>audio_actor_id:actor_04</META_DATA>              <META_DATA>audio_entity_type:wh2_hef_elf_female_default_LH</META_DATA></VARIANT_MESH>
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/hu1b/hef/hef_princess/hef_princess_body_02.rigid_model_v2" >
                 <META_DATA>audio_armour_type:plate</META_DATA>             <META_DATA>audio_actor_id:actor_03</META_DATA>             <META_DATA>audio_actor_id:actor_04</META_DATA>              <META_DATA>audio_entity_type:wh2_hef_elf_female_default_LH</META_DATA></VARIANT_MESH>
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/hu1b/hef/hef_princess/hef_princess_body_03.rigid_model_v2" >
        </SLOT>
        <SLOT name="legs" >
             <VARIANT_MESH  model="VariantMeshes\wh_variantmodels\hu1b\ave\ave_sisters_of_the_thorn\legs\wef_sisters_of_the_thorn_legs_01.rigid_model_v2"   />
            <VARIANT_MESH  model="VariantMeshes\wh_variantmodels\hu1b\ave\ave_sisters_of_the_thorn\legs\wef_sisters_of_the_thorn_legs_02.rigid_model_v2"   />
            <VARIANT_MESH  model="VariantMeshes\wh_variantmodels\hu1b\ave\ave_sisters_of_the_thorn\legs\wef_sisters_of_the_thorn_legs_03.rigid_model_v2"   />
        </SLOT>
        <SLOT name="weapon_1" attach_point="be_prop_0" />
        <SLOT name="weapon_2" attach_point="be_prop_1" >
             <VARIANT_MESH  model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/hu1b/hef/hef_props/hef_sisters_of_avelorn_sword_1h_01.wsmodel"  >
                <META_DATA>audio_melee_weapon_type:sword</META_DATA></VARIANT_MESH>
             <VARIANT_MESH  model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/hu1b/hef/hef_props/hef_sisters_of_avelorn_sword_1h_02.wsmodel"  >
             <VARIANT_MESH  model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/hu1b/hef/hef_props/hef_sisters_of_avelorn_sword_1h_03.wsmodel"  >
        </SLOT>
        <SLOT name="shield" attach_point="be_prop_2" >
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/hu1d/hef/hef_props/hef_shield_tower_01.wsmodel" >
                 <META_DATA>equipment</META_DATA>             <META_DATA>audio_shield_type:metal</META_DATA></VARIANT_MESH>
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/hu1d/hef/hef_props/hef_shield_tower_02.wsmodel" >
                 <META_DATA>equipment</META_DATA>             <META_DATA>audio_shield_type:metal</META_DATA></VARIANT_MESH>
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/hu1d/hef/hef_props/hef_shield_tower_03.wsmodel" >
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/hu1d/hef/hef_props/hef_shield_tower_04.wsmodel" >
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/hu1d/hef/hef_props/hef_shield_tower_05.wsmodel" >
            <VARIANT_MESH model="VariantMeshes/wh_variantmodels/hu1d/hef/hef_props/hef_shield_tower_06.wsmodel" >
        </SLOT>
        <SLOT name="weapon_3" attach_point="be_prop_3" />
        <SLOT name="weapon_4" attach_point="be_prop_4" />
        <SLOT name="weapon_5" attach_point="be_prop_5" />

</VARIANT_MESH>
    Thanks for your help.

Is it a problem with the animation? The HE and DE are using different animations of sword and shield. The Wef have no animation for this. But i used the animation of the general which is called elf_... and a general only uses the princess-sword. So the animation only works with this sword?
    I wanted to use this animation, because the hef is to static and the def does use the same animations, only another "formation" animation. The elf-Animation does have more agility in its attacks. It looks more like agil-elfen-swordwarrior than the others together.
    Last edited by nordstern; September 29, 2019 at 05:43 PM.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Need help: Weapon not visible

What is the exact name of the animation you are using? And in what table did you use it?
    Do you ahve a screen showing the unit in game with the missing sword?

Thanks for your answer.

The animation is: hu1b_elf_sword_and_shield
    In the table: land_unit_tables
    and for the highelves in: culture_to_battle_animation_tables_tables

And it works... i do not unterstand why...

yesterday i have added a term to the code and it has not worked. I changed it back but have not started the game. Know i start it, and it works. I do not know why... i have only added a </slot> and deleted it again... nothing else...
    On the first try i forgot a l from model at the end. But i corrected this and it still has not worked.

But thanks fpr your time and help.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

maybe there was a small type like /slot> instea of </slot>

Sometimes they are not obvious to spot

Can You try copying directly Dark Elf Female Dreadlord weapon and shield slots from default definition file, after the body parts and see if it works, sometimes slots tend to be issue.

Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!