Thread: HELP !!!! please help with new unit

Default HELP !!!! please help with new unit

ok, this is my 1st post so i hope its in the right place, and thank you for reading this to try and help. OK, ive been playing this game and thought i could change some stuff and make it better for my viewing pleasure. eg I made the town milita for the scots have the highland "gear" instead of the blue/white, and added units like general body guards, galloglaich to scotland and landsknecht to hre. I got to playing the game with Sicily and thought it would be cool to make Norman Archers. sooo i read the tutorial by the dude that created the GR_Dragoons (sry i dont know ur name). I made the unit playable, however in the game they are invisible. they completly work in that they fire their missiles and make sounds of their mail ect. but no textures. this is the code for my 2nd try. again this works but no textures in game

14 norman_archers 1 4
    62 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/dismounted_norman_knights_lod0.mesh 121
    62 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/dismounted_norman_knights_lod1.mesh 900
    62 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/dismounted_norman_knights_lod2.mesh 2500
    62 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/dismounted_norman_knights_lod3.mesh 6400 1 6 sicily
    63 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/textures/mtw2_ES_Mail_sicily.texture
    63 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/textures/mtw2_ES_Mail_normal.texture
    56 unit_sprites/sicily_Dismounted_Norman_Knights_sprite.spr 1 6 sicily
    68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European Archer_sicily_diff.texture
    68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European Archer_sicily_norm.texture 0 4 None
    16 MTW2_Fast_Bowman
    20 MTW2_Non_Shield_Fast 1
    19 MTW2_Bowman_Primary 1
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002

what i tried here was to take the norman knight and add that archer attachments. I also tried this to simply give the muslim archers, the norman mail....works, no textures.

14 norman_archers 1 4
    60 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/sicilian_muslim_archers_lod0.mesh 121
    60 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/sicilian_muslim_archers_lod1.mesh 900
    60 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/sicilian_muslim_archers_lod2.mesh 2500
    60 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/sicilian_muslim_archers_lod3.mesh 6400 2 6 sicily
    63 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/textures/mtw2_ES_Mail_sicily.texture
    63 unit_models/_Units/ES_Mail/textures/mtw2_ES_Mail_normal.texture
    56 unit_sprites/sicily_Dismounted_Norman_Knights_sprite.spr 1 6 sicily
    68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European Archer_sicily_diff.texture
    68 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final European Archer_sicily_norm.texture 0 4 None
    16 MTW2_Fast_Bowman
    20 MTW2_Non_Shield_Fast 1
    19 MTW2_Bowman_Primary 1
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002

also tried changing the sprite to muslim archer sprite.

any help would be great.. thank you

Default Re: HELP !!!! please help with new unit

I don't believe it works like that. You can add a different archer skin to an archer model, but you can't put a swordsmen texture on a archer as the weapon is linked to the whole texture. If you want change skins do this do it in export_unit_descr. If you put the norman texture on the archer, you would have a norman knight throwing arrows out of its sword.

I didnt think it could be that easy because where is the fun in that if it was!!
    lol. i wish they would have set the game up like if a model was attached to the weapon, like a swordsman model, u should be able to apply anyskin. And thus I should be apply to take an archer model, and add the norman mail skin over it.....they should have been nice and made the texture then add the weapon set.

Well, I also tried to take the noble highlander skin (lightamail) and make the scots pike militia look more like a braveheart dude. The reskin worked but the head had no faces, lol soooo close.

Please if anyone has more info on this please share, but i feel it anint gonna work like this.

I have the same problem.

I work for a new mod. In this mod the Saxons are a new Islamic faction. I want give the Saxons (moors kingdom Granada ) and give there the European unit from the moos (almohanden).

All work nice (example in the campagne map you can see the saxos as Islamic units). But in the battle from this units you only see a shadow. You can see in this shadow the cavalery, infantery etc., but not the right texture!

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

You need to edit the battle_models.modelsdb file.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

You need to edit the battle_models.modelsdb file.
    You know the problem?

I have edit this file and don´t think that i have make a error. If you make a error in the battle_models.modelsdb mtwII will not start :hmmm:

I have give the Saxons (Islamic) the dismounted christian guards from the moors - but the behavior where the same – in the battle you call only see the shadow of the unit.

Exactly information to this problem I have not found. In other posts the authors say:

*Relationship from units an other unit, example for cavalery if the unit have a other unit as basic. That ist necessary to change both unit.
    *A CA-Bug the only in the original game path (not in mod-modus) the battle_models.modelsdb where read.

I want test, if that are a model – problem. Give the turks moors unit to see it that work etc.

Tsar Stefan Dusan IV's Avatar Loonatic on the loose!!

It's connected to textures files, which are restricted by factions, meaning each faction owns specific textures and units...

You have great tutorial on this subject posted by M3rcury15 HERE

@Tsar Stefan Dusan IV

Thx