Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bronze Age Empires (BA TW campaign conversion)

Fahnat's Avatar Ordinarius
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: Bronze Age Empires (BA TW campaign conversion)

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnat View Post
    Well done as always, thanks

Guys if the game crashes before launching a campaign make sure you're extracting it with 7zip before try anything else because it's very likely it's not extracting properly if you don't use 7zip. It's possible some other extractors work but I've had reports before with winrar and such, 7zip is completely free, I use it for years and it's by far the best software for this stuff.

I'll now work on a new version as I'll look into overhaul the economy (I'll use descr_settlement_mechanics I've setup in the latest version of my classical Greece mod which shall fix economy issues also in this mod). The economy script for player will be changed to work with game difficulty settings. I'll look into add recruitment limitation.

I'll also look into making all temples factional, they'll all spread culture and also will autodestroy when the settlement is conquered by other faction just like the main temples. Ancillaries will still be exclusive of the main temples though. This also makes possible to add unique info images for all temples from different deities and all cult names will make more sense which adds to immersion.

I'll also look into fix some issues I've already detected. For example trade fleets it's hardcoded/bugged so adding it as bonus to buildings that aren't ports (or wharfs?) is useless as although it says in the building is giving the bonus it doesn't do anything. I'll look into replace the bonus maybe with experience for ship recruiting or just trade bonus. Also I've made the mistake of adding to the main temples and few other buildings an increase of recruitment slots but not as a bonus and the government buildings already do that, so they end up nulifying itself and not increasing properly as they should. So I'll correct this and add it as bonus to temples and other buildings.

If someone won a campaign already have come to the annoying issue where the audio of the video is mixed with a victory music, I'll fix this.

If you detect bugs or even just small issues or glitches let me know.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; October 27, 2020 at 09:19 AM.

Vladyvid's Avatar Wizard of Turmish

Congratulations on the release, MagusCaligula!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladyvid View Post
    Congratulations on the release, MagusCaligula!
    Thanks.

Bronze Age Empires v0.7 RELEASED

Big update as all known bugs and issues were fixed. Complete overhaul to economy and other game mechanics, the game shall be much more challenging now. New scripts, buildings, tweaks and improvements to graphics and code.

Changelog:

Fixes and corrections:

- Fixed missing unit cards for recruitable non factional units
    - Fixed text for some like/dislike type traits where it would refer to non existent or wrong factions
    - Fixed Arameans not being able to build government buildings in northern Syria as they should
    - Fixed Sea Peoples not being able to build government buildings in Libya, Canaan and Cyprus as they should
    - Fixed/replaced certain not working bonus from some buildings
    - Replaced some event icons and images in the Anatolian interface/culture that were still from other cultures or didn't look very good, also some other small corrections
    - Fixed audio from winning a campaign
    - Added garrisons to the garrisons script for the horde factions
    - Several other small fixes and corrections

New features and changes:

- Complete overhaul to economy and other game mechanics
    - Recruitment limitation script for AI for the first 100 turns to control better their recruitment and help it develop cities
    - Overhauled temples a bit, all deities have their own unique info image now and all temples are autodestroyed when the settlement is conquered by another faction
    - Phoenicians can now upgrade ports an extra level, they can also get an exclusive ancillary from it
    - Revised several bonus from buildings
    - Factions that start with one of the wonders with a strat model or that have it visible already, get the video at the start of the campaign
    - Improved pips image quality and tweaked several other stuff
    - Several other little improvements and tweaks

DOWNLOAD

INSTALLATION:

1- Extract to your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    2- Go to the new folder BAE_v07 in your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    3- Use the "Executable" batch file to launch the mod.
    4- Play and have fun.

Can a moderator move this to Released Mods?

Hey, I have a problem with how I fire up, actions that can be removed, what kind of talk until we throw it all the way to the end immediately you send me to the pulpit without any error message, I have the original communication version on steam.

New version v0.8 RELEASED

This was something I had done already a while ago but I intended to do a lot more stuff. However I can't mod due to real life issues so I've released it.

Changelog:

Interface improvements, fixed diplomacy text, fixed hate/fear traits that refered to wrong factions, corrected a few event images, replaced executable with Steam compatible one, several small stuff.

DOWNLOAD

New version v0.9 RELEASED

New scripts, events and traits for a more immersive game. New historical buildings.

DOWNLOAD

INSTALLATION:

1- Extract to your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    2- Go to the new folder BAE_v09 in your Medieval II Total War\mods.
    3- Use the "Executable" batch file to launch the mod.
    4- Play and have fun.

If the game is opened in a small window do this:

Open Configuration.cfg with a text editor (preferably Notepad++) and you see this part:

[video]
    movies = 0
    windowed = 1 ## Windowed mode (windowed = 1) is usually more stable
    borderless_window = 1
    no_background_fmv = 1
    show_banners = true
    # widescreen = 1
    # unit_detail = high
    # grass_distance = 9000

Change windowed = 1 to windowed = 0

Then in game options chose the native resolution of your monitor, after that you can change to windowed = 1 again and you'll still have full screen.
    Last edited by MagusCaligula; February 15, 2023 at 11:24 AM.

Awesome Many, many thanks.

New version v1.0 RELEASED

Reversed some scripts as the game would eventually crash, bug fixes.

DOWNLOAD

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345