Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

Default Re: Total Vanilla Beyond 3.3 Release - Once more with feeling and verve

Probably the same issue robb8 had ... if you have a copy of the log file that'll help though. Sorry in advance if it is indeed the problem.

Tell me where I can find the logs. There is no file in the logs directory in mod. This error probably appears when I discover a new world. Sometimes it can be discovered. Is this file in the 1st post has been updated (traits submod)?.
    I love the Middle Ages and thanks to this mod I am going to play, as I used to do over 10 years ago.

Sry for rip eng.

Edit: next error:C cant find log w10
    Last edited by Harry-TW; August 03, 2019 at 05:58 AM.

Dragour's Avatar Tiro

@Harry, the log file will be in your main Medieval 2 folder, for me that is "F:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War"

Thx bro, but too late xd reinstalled game, and i will be redownlanding mod. And i will be report.
    Edit: after reinstalled mod and game, 12 turn no bug i will be testing more.
    Edit2: heh same error xd. I am stupid, need fix from last post xd.
    Last edited by Harry-TW; August 03, 2019 at 09:24 AM.

Is it normal so many errors? XD btw before market fixed
    Edit: Market fixed but still 16:40:46.578 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit

Edit2: Downloaded from mega not mediafire and dont use submod and so far working.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Harry-TW; August 03, 2019 at 01:28 PM.

Was any error showing in the market-fixed game that crashed?

Dont use your submod yet. Only 1 error when used x6 in battle (freez game). No more errors near 1200 year. Smooth fun game xd.

4zumi's Avatar This one sparks joy

sometimes the high speed will cause the game to freeze. That is nothing i can influence, not even with instagram. But good to hear that it works for you now
    Proudly under the patronage of King Athelstan of the Imperial House of Hader

Author of
    Total Vanilla Beyond mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms &
    Developer of
    Total Bananas mod for Medieval 2 - Kingdoms (beta)

Steam Workshop Mods for Rome 2, Warhammer, Warhammer 2

Discord: zumi's cookie corner
    Fighting for launch of "Cookie Friday" and "No Pants Saturday"

Hello. Now I keep getting these errors. Can anyone help me with this?

03:41:47.595 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, motte_and_bailey -> village, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    03:41:47.596 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, wooden_castle -> town, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    03:41:47.596 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, wooden_castle -> town, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    03:41:47.596 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, castle -> large_town, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    03:41:47.596 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, castle -> large_town, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    03:41:47.596 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, castle -> large_town, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    03:41:47.596 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, fortress -> city, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    03:41:47.596 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, fortress -> city, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    03:41:47.596 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, fortress -> city, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    03:41:47.596 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[0](wooden_castle_to_village) -> convert_to_castle[0](village_to_wooden_castle)
    03:41:47.596 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[1](stone_keep_to_small_town) -> convert_to_castle[1](small_town_to_stone_keep)
    03:41:47.596 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Apacheans, citadel -> city, convert_to_city[2](castle_to_large_town) -> convert_to_castle[2](large_town_to_castle)
    03:42:30.754 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    03:43:35.866 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

hey robb,

when do you get this crashes?
    The log does not tell me where the bug is.

Do you use the latest download and the patch?
    Do you use any submods (therein may lie the issue, if they are not updated for the latest version.

Author of
    Developer of

I got a ctd too. Idk what I did wrong but I will post the log here soon.

yiannis1965's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

I'm very happy with this mod, excellent work! I starded to play as Byzantine empire and in the future I'll try another faction. Now, I desire to play 4turns per year. I think you've a long time in game to exploit it and this is my opinion. About Audio in campaign map I've in my ears the music of Rome Total War and not the classic music of medieval 2 total war but in the battle map is everything ok. This is not something serious for the playing just you're listening the audio past era . The bigger problem in the campaign is that: You've unstabled allies which have a sport to betrayed you and the political scene is a moving sand everywhere in the campaign map. Thank you. Guys continue it!

Author or anybody can you solve a problem: Well I play as the Romans and the Venice started war moving forward its dynamic fleet. Venice owned the Ghandakas in Crete island. I sent the romans fleet with army to siege the town and finaly the romans take the control of town and whole island of Crete. Now, the situation is complicated: Above the island are the army of Venice, the army of Sicily and the army of Egypt and they wait... What should I do???

Don't do anything until they attack but be careful. What difficulty are you playing on?

Quote Originally Posted by sullivanclan1 View Post
    Don't do anything until they attack but be careful. What difficulty are you playing on?
    I play very hard in the Campaign and in the Battle map both! I knew it's a risk but this is the point of the game.

Hey Yiannis,
    when you play as Byzantium it is normal to get someold fashioned Rome 1 music. I modded that in for the flair. Nothing to worry about.
    As for your other problem, well.... You will have to deal with the 3 armies or just make friends with them

Author of
    Developer of

Quote Originally Posted by 4zumi View Post
    Hey Yiannis,
    when you play as Byzantium it is normal to get someold fashioned Rome 1 music. I modded that in for the flair. Nothing to worry about.
    As for your other problem, well.... You will have to deal with the 3 armies or just make friends with them
    Hello 4zumi, I find very interesting that mod, It's great work! I played many times mods of the series total war always very hard campaign and battle both and I hadn't any specific difficult. This is truth! Only this time who play that mod the Total Vanilla Beyond I have the problem not to expanded my faction but to survived. I think it's a challenge. Also, the strategic map is of course bigger but it shoud be biggest to India until Ceylon...I don't know! Maybe! About the other problem, I left in Chandakas only the roman garrison and the main troops went to Tobruk or Paraetonium and waiting. When the egyptian army attacked to the roman garrison of Chandakas then the main roman troops returned and they completed destroyed the enemy troops!!! Bye!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1839626534 The work of the roman emperor John Komnenos the Tyrant !

Quote Originally Posted by yiannis1965 View Post
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1839626534 The work of the roman emperor John Komnenos the Tyrant !
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1839731955

Great mod but i always get ctd on turn 6 when it's HRE's turn. Wondering why , log file says nothing about it , just Medieval blabla exits now thing. Any idea? (Tried Turks , France on 2 different computers.)