Thread: Which GPU to use for TATW3?

Default Which GPU to use for TATW3?

Hi all, just bought a new laptop and setting it up. It has two gpus: the Intel UHD 630 and an Nvidia GTX 1050Ti (4GB).

Is it ok to play TATW3 with the Intel or is it better to use the Nvidia? I have been thinking since the game is quite old it can use the Intel and leave the Nvidia for the other demanding games.

I hope to hear some opinions .
    • “A reflective, contented mind is the best possession.” ...
    • “With an open mind, seek and listen to all the highest ideals. ...
    • “Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” ...
    • “Do not hold grain waiting for higher prices when people are hungry.”

All by Zoroaster.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Which GPU to use for TATW3?

Just in case no one here has a good advice, I just tip that there's also "The Basement" where folk can get tech input as well: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...8-The-Basement

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Davidos View Post
    Hi all, just bought a new laptop and setting it up. It has two gpus: the Intel UHD 630 and an Nvidia GTX 1050Ti (4GB).

Is it ok to play TATW3 with the Intel or is it better to use the Nvidia? I have been thinking since the game is quite old it can use the Intel and leave the Nvidia for the other demanding games.

I hope to hear some opinions .
    To be honest, I don't get the problem. Do you somehow play more than one game at the same time?

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Civis

Unless you encounter issues with your Nvidia card i'd say use it, since it will provide much better performance. Med 2 seems to work quite well as far as GPU's go - my two 970's in SLI work just fine, and I haven't even tinkered with it in Nvidia inspector!
    And if, as Veteeran said, you do plan on playing two games at once, it will still be a real killer on ram and CPU, just so you keep that in mind. Several tabs in chrome, a running 1080p youtube video, Med 2, and a couple of background programs is enough to make my i7 work at like 90%. Two games? Seems like a bad idea.

No no I am not going to play two games at once. Never knew it was possible either. I am just asking whether the integrated graphics of the laptop is enough to run Med 2 or switch to the GTX 1050. Thanks guys
    • “A reflective, contented mind is the best possession.” ...
    • “With an open mind, seek and listen to all the highest ideals. ...
    • “Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” ...
    • “Do not hold grain waiting for higher prices when people are hungry.”

All by Zoroaster.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Well, that's quite easy to check, just try it with your integrated graphics and if that doesn't work, switch to the GTX 1050. It will almost certainly perform (much) better, but the integrated graphics will probably use less power. Saving the planet and all that....

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze