Thread: Screen transitions gone

Default Screen transitions gone

Hi,

another problem I encountered during modding, which seems to be unique as I could not find anything on Google about it:

I installed M2TW and Steam in a new Folder C:/Steam in order to have shorter file paths.

I also renamed my mod folder to "e" for the same reason. Now, my mod has the following problems:

+ the screen transitions are gone (in menu, between loading times and also during AI turn) e.g., it is summer, it is the AIs turn and after that suddenly the snow on the map appears without transition abruptly - same with loading screens - the smooth transitions are gone
    + loading times seem to be reduced

How can I solve this problem?

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Screen transitions gone

I take it you are talking about the 'fading' between screens. There is no setting for that that I am aware of that can be manually changed. My Steam installation is also in C:\Steam and I reduced one of my mod's path to e (single letter) and checked - still the same fading.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    I take it you are talking about the 'fading' between screens. There is no setting for that that I am aware of that can be manually changed. My Steam installation is also in C:\Steam and I reduced one of my mod's path to e (single letter) and checked - still the same fading.
    Yeah not only between the screens but also for example when slave turn is over in campaign and its your turn again. Normally there is the same fading effect for a short time right before you start your turn - it is now also gone for me. Normal M2TW it is still working, only in my mod it is no longer there. Will try to reinstall the game and put in same mod again maybe this will help.

Turns out this happened because I accidentally removed movie and loading screen files (all except for one). Now I have rescued the movie files and loading screens and it works again. Thanks!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Thanks for letting us know what the problem was, will keep it in mind.