Thread: Submod in process (team?)

Default Submod in process (team?)

Well, I'm doing a full submod for the Sship 0.92 (for scripting reasons) using a submod of this existing one. I would like to have the help of a couple of people to do it

So far the important differences with respect to the "official" version are:

- Several characters have been incorporated and changed at the beginning of the campaign. Now all the generals that appear at the beginning are historical. For this, the number of generals existing at the beginning of the campaign has been increased and new ones have been incorporated, for example: Enrico Dandolo in Venice, Ramon Berenguer IV in Aragon, etc.

-New random portraits for generals.

- Historical portraits for all the kings and pricipes at the beginning of the game and for the kings of the script "emergence of kings".

-Textures and models of castles / cities on the different campaign map for southern Europe, Byzantium, northern Europe and the East (soon attach images)

- Now there are really dynasty lineages: burgundy, capetos, plantagenet, hohenstafuen, comnenos etc. So family branches can be formed and even "steal" by marrying a princess with a member of the dynasty of another faction, example: if a princess of the hre marries a plantagenet plant dynamism also began a dynasty branch within the hre. In turn, in each character belonging to a dynasty will have at the beginning of their ancillaries the attribute of their family, with the image of the emblem of the same, which will attribute to each dynasty x attributes for their generals.

-Appearance of Kings: now during the campaign has been incorporated a script by which featured characters of medieval history for each faction. These will appear in the turn that corresponds to the beginning of his reign and, thanks to the existence of dynasties and the possibility of choosing heir, you can make them kings during the campaign. Here I mention some: Federico I Barbarroja, Balduino IV the leper, Saladino, Ricardo Corazon de Leon, Felipe II, Jaime I of Aragon, Fernando III, Federico II Hohenstafuen "Stupor mundi", Moulay Yacub, Osman, Casimiro III, Koten Bureviches , Valdemar II, al-Nasir, etc.

Broadly speaking that is what has been done so far. I am going to put next the things that will be adding soon:

-Terrestrial commercial and naval historical routes that will replace the current ones.

-Existence of permanent strong: the creation of permanent forts will be made but with a number of them excaso and taking into account these factors: some strong exist to represent some castle / city that could not be represented by the city limits of the game ( example: there will be a permanent fort on the island of Sicily that will represent Syracuse and be placed where it should be). Another factor that will be taken into account to put permanent strong will be the "interest and domain of a faction in x region." For example Venice will have a permanent fort near Constantinople to represent the interest and presence of this faction in the capital of the Byzantine Empire or, Byzantium will have at the beginning of the game permanent forts in Silicia, Armenia and Antioquia to represent the non-direct domain exercised by Byzantium on these territories with Juan II Comneno. The last factor that will be taken into account will be the "militarized frontier with another faction" serving as an example the border that divides the center of the Iberian Peninsula at the height of Toledo between Arabs and Christians, where there will be several permanent Arab and Christian forts.

-Script of Jizya (Muslim tax on other religions): the Christian or Muslim ruler will read the religious policy towards the infidels during his reign, depending on that they will receive tolerant / intolerant traits if they are loyal or if they agree with the policy. This will affect happiness, commerce, discontent or not of the population, etc.

-Script Zakat (alms giving to the poor): the leader will have the possibility of giving money to the poor and can be followed by other generals if they are pious and loyal to the leader of the facicon. It will cost money and develop traits of piety and reduce misery, negatively affecting also the fiscal gain. The most important thing is that cities will grow faster but earn less money.

-Election of positions of the kingdom: it will be possible to nominate the chancellor, administrator, treasurer, etc.

-Script of trophies to defeat culture: with the disappearance of a faction you will get a trophy with special benefits: a crossed shield will give command and additional moral while a triumph arc will give greater skill in ambushes and authority.

-Script for generals with terror: they could assault and plunder enemy territory to obtain financial gains but with reduced movement and less scope of view of the map.

-Script renegades: to win in a great battle against infidels if the general decides to run may receive a "renegade" who prefers to be converted before being executed.

-Guests of communities: according to the construction of buildings, religion and the tolerance or not of a general could receive new assistants like Jewish / Assyrian doctor, jeweler Jew, Christian farmer, etc.

-Script banner: a very pious general can receive a religious banner to take his troops to the battlefield, giving a bonus when fighting against infidels: title of Wali and hero of Christianity.

-Treatment of Peace: at the beginning of the game or with each new ruler, the peace treaty will be renewed or not; one faction pays tribute to another in exchange for the promise of peace. This will apply only to factions that at the beginning of the game were "protectorates or vassals" of others.

-Script policy towards merchants: you can choose the policy regarding merchants but only available for some factions: Byzantium and Italians.

All mentioned are already existing script in other mod that would be incorporated into this but modifying them to adapt them to this mod.

Default Re: Submod in process (team?)

Woooow a great job mate! Sure that will be a great addition to this sship, but a question, you could talk with sship developers and Lifthrasir for join to sship team and help with this awesome historical mod, give them your help and improve the mod together... I think that is a good idea instead of make modder work in differents ways...
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT NOW,
    THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE!!!

Sign the petition to remove hardcoded limits for M2TW

I try to upload the images from my desk so you can see it and get an idea but for now I do not know how. I'll see if I can upload them soon.

Two new agents: lady and executioner

"Verdugo is like the murderer but with the only difference that instead of killing the generals of other factions, he will kill those of your own faction. Welcome to the intrigues of the palace. It can be recruited with the highest level of taverna and, to discourage its abusive use, in case of failure to kill the general will gain personal security and more disloyalty.

-dama: as the princess but the difference will be that the lady is recruitable with the highest level of town hall. Just like the princess her function is marriage and you can only recruit one, when this lady gets married it is when you can recruit another. The function of this agent is to make the real houses intermingle among all the factions as was done historically in the middle ages.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 17, 2019 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Posts merged for clarity

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

I leave that thread here for maximum exposure until you've hired the 2 needed persons. Give me a shout when done and I'll move it to the Mini-Mods subforum
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by toteking93 View Post
    -dama: as the princess but the difference will be that the lady is recruitable with the highest level of town hall. Just like the princess her function is marriage and you can only recruit one, when this lady gets married it is when you can recruit another. The function of this agent is to make the real houses intermingle among all the factions as was done historically in the middle ages.
    I've a further request in this respect:

One problem with getting a foreign bloodline is that the princesses are not numerous. At the beginning of the game there’re some of them, but later on they get very rare. The reason is simple: the FLs die usually in the old age and they pass the batton to the usually not-so-young FH. I mean: the next FH is likely to be too old to have a daughter that is below 16. Even if he had a spouse and children, these children are likely to be already past the CoA (16 year). This means that the daughters are already normal women in the family tree – not the princess who would appear on the map. In case of the player ,the Next-Heir mechanism will help. This is because the player is likely to name as the next FH somebody young and he control when the FH marries so this FH is likely to have a daughter below 16. However, there’s no help for the AI: no princesses. I thinki that a solution should be found. One of the options is spawning princesses with the script. Like every 20 years each AI faction would get a princess.

(I'm much interested in a script doing this).
    Last edited by Jurand of Cracow; April 17, 2019 at 11:40 AM.

Default 2 script: rendition (white flag) and religious conversion

- surrender or white flag: when making a siege you will have the option of offering the enemy the surrender: this will cause the settlement to become yours without fighting. Evidently it has established parameters and probability for it to happen or not. I have the script but I just need someone who is willing to put the name of all the game cities, I would pass the script and he should just do that.

-Conversion religious: makes the factions can change their religion if they meet x parameters, and it will be the decision of the player or the AI ​​whether to do it or not. This script I can pass it too, the problem is that I do not have time to try it, so if someone wants to pass it and try it.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

I've merged the post above with this thread. In order to keep the SSHIP main forum clear, you can use this thread or you can use the Mini Mods subforum for such purposes. Thanks for your understanding.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

nikossaiz's Avatar Decanus

super!! i also looking forward for a stable polished version!