Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Notre-Dame de Paris is on fire and burning to the ground

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Notre-Dame de Paris is on fire and burning to the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos Leandros I View Post
    Fortunately, all of the famous stained glass windows - including the Rose Window - are intact!
    Thank god, but how? The south end was completely ablaze
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Thank god, but how? The south end was completely ablaze
    Vaulting.

The vaulting, being made of stone, shielded the entire structure beneath it, which is why also the altar is almost intact. Those who made it were phenomenal.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Indefinitely Banned

Thank god (if there is one) that it survived (mostly).

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Unfortunately the vaulted ceiling of the stone parts of the nave have also been heavily damaged, with huge gaping holes allowing in sunlight, but it can be repaired. For the most part, after the reconstruction, it will still largely retain the original medieval structure. The bell towers, despite catching on fire a bit, are also entirely intact, as are the flying buttresses.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

After the Notre Dame cathedral burned down, in an unexpected turn of events ubisoft has made Assassin’s Creed Unity free for a limited time. Notre Dame is one of the first missions, and Notre Dame is indeed spectacular so I reccomend it.

http://assassinscreed.com/unity-notredame/
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

The liberal iconoclasty is demanding the roof to be rebuilt in a way that represents modern multicultural France and not the white French Christian past.
    https://hotair.com/archives/2019/04/...ostPromoterPro

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...s-next-822743/

This one is the most hilarious. Their premise: France was never white and Christian anyway, it was always multiethnic and multicultural.
    This is why, Notre Dame must be rebuilt not to represent the past that never existed anyway, but it must be changed to represent the vibrant and diverse present.
    (So if France was always what liberals claim, then why does the church need to be changed?)
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/give-n...ate?ref=author

Orwellian. If Macron does anything wrong with this one,I hope he gets impeached and dealt with according to French customs.

This is even worse:

''eco friendly'' Notre Dame with a glass ceiling and spire
    https://edition.cnn.com/style/articl...ntl/index.html

Nuking Paris would be a better scenario.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; May 16, 2019 at 05:19 PM.

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

A glass ceiling looks really dumb. What is this? Pauly Shore's Biodome?

I personally prefer old architectural styles to modern ones, but that applies to both secular and religious architecture. If this was any other building I'd say rebuild it in any style you like, but since it's a literal medieval cathedral founded in the 12th century, I'd say try to at least make a roof that coincides with that general look (the guy who built the spire in the 19th century at least wanted it to resemble or mimic older stuff). Making the top look uber-modern looks ridiculous when contrasted with the rest of the building. Forget the religious angle or political grandstanding about left versus right: the combination of those two things - a glass greenhouse ceiling and a medieval cathedral - just clashes too much.

It would be like trying to build a car with the top half looking like a flashy red 2019 Audi TT and the bottom half like an antique 1930 Rolls Royce in vintage black or white.

The problem with ''glass' buildings is that they all look the same. If there's one example of the shallowness of globalization and the destruction of distinct cultures it causes, it's well exemplified by skycrapers. You get the same in Dubai that you can see in Shangai, London or New York. Boring as .

I don't want a soulless grey world like that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12