Thread: missing models for bribed generals AND enemy casualty recovery too high

Default missing models for bribed generals AND enemy casualty recovery too high

Love the continued work on the mod, The passes are a cool touch! Two things I would like to change myself but I am not sure how to.

1. I noticed when i bribe Hun generals they are missing textures or meshes, they appear all silver. How would i go about fixing this in the game? I know i have to do something with the battle moddel file, but im not sure how to add the textures or meshes to all factions.

2. When the enemy wins against me and takes massive casualties, they seem to recover more than half the casualties after the battle. I don't mind losing, but I need it to hurt my enemy to slow down their advance. Seeing as I lost a stack that will take me a while to replenish, It is frustrating to have the enemy recover all the damage I did to them and then come marching all over me, because I lost my main army.
    What do I need to change in the scripting to get rid of the AI casualty recovery.

Once again, this mod is amazing, I can only hope Three kingdoms total war will be as good as this, but I doubt it haha.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: missing models for bribed generals AND enemy casualty recovery too high

1. Was an oversight. Only the rebel and Xianbei factions had entries for the battle model that "barbarian" generals use. I've attached an updated BMDB file to this post that fixes the issue (simply download then unzip the BMDB file into your data/unit_models folder) and that I will include in a future update. Be aware that it is not save-game compatible - altering the BMDB file never is.

2. It is hard-coded, not scripting on our end. Nobody knows what the formula is or how/if it affects the player and AI differently. From research I have done, from both here and the Org, it appears that the first soldiers to die (whether melee or missile) appear to have the greatest chance to recover. Co-incidentally these are often killed by missile fire. The understanding is that you get X% of the first casualties back and then every other casualty has a small random chance of healing. This is modified by the type of healing ancillary or trait that the General has. Without the General and healing ancillary/trait, you only get the small random chance per man, which always exists. The type of weapon that fell the soldier may have an influence on the casualty recovering, but it may just be coincidence, or that they happened to fall first.

EDIT:BMDB file removed as it is included in newest hotfixes.
    Last edited by Seether; April 20, 2019 at 03:20 PM.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

Default Re: missing models for bribed generals AND enemy casualty recovery too high

I take back part of what I said in my previous post... I forgot about the AI Boost trait. I checked and it had an absurdly high recovery chance. I have severely reduced that and added as a part of the new v3.2.028 Hotfix.
    Member of the Imperial House of Hader - Under the Benevolent Patronage of y2day
    A Wolf Among Sheep: A Rise of Three Kingdoms AAR

Thank you seether! Appreciate all the work you put into this!