Thread: Regional unit colours

Default Regional unit colours

Hi,

I've been playing a lot of Empire recently, mostly with Darthmod, as it is the only one that fixes much of the games problems. Or at least that is my opinion on it anyway.

But I was hoping for a little bit more realism in that I am hoping there is a mod or a setting that I could flick the switch on, where in conquered territory whenever you recruit a new unit, that unit comes with the same uniform colours of the previous owner.

So for example, when playing as Sweden and I take Denmark and Norway infantry recruited from those territories are dressed in red instead of the blue of the Swedes.

I know this can he done in Napoleon as the Masters of Europe mod have the same feature, but I would like to have it in Empire as well since that period saw a lot of "Mercenary" or "Conscripted POWs" being used by some armies (example of this would be the 7000 Saxon POWs being used by the Swedes, captured after the Battle of Fraustat, or Frederick the Great capturing and conscripting the Saxon army during the Seven Years War).

I just think it would be a cool feature and hopefully someone has made this a thing in the 10 years since the game released and is also compatible with Darthmod.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Default Re: Regional unit colours

Hello there, I think the Empire realism mod goes into such depth, more so than darthmod, however I'm not sure that it is compatible with darthmod?
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...Empire-Realism

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Thanks. It probably isn't compatible, but I'll give it a look anyway. I did hope it was something like a music mod where I just needed to add a new file to the mix, but if it is only part of an overhaul mod, it must be something more ingrained in the code.

Pity. I really like Darthmod as it has so much replayability compared to most mods, and the AI is a little smarter too.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I imagine you're right that Empire Realism isn't compatible with Darthmod.They're both major overhauls so they'll make different adjustments to the same database tables.

You might find that Empire Realism improves the AI behaviour, too. If not, you could experiment to see whether Empire Realism can be played together with Bran's Empire Campaign AI. (I can't guarantee that this will work, it might cause the game to crash, but it could be worth trying).

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Whatever you decide let us know how it turns out wont you? your always welcome here sir.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"