View Poll Results: The Golan Heights should belong to...

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...Israel.

20 48.78%
  • ...Syria.

16 39.02%
  • Other/I don't know.

5 12.20%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: Golan Heights recognized as Israeli by US administration

Default Re: Golan Heights recognized as Israeli by US administration

Quote Originally Posted by sumskilz View Post
    The Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court is an international treaty.
    The distinction here is ethnic cleansing versus any forced deportation, kinda similar to distinction between genocide versus mass murder.
    The Armenian Issue

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Wow you guys can really argue about anything.

I mean I’m sure some treaty or other would have something to say about kicking out all the jews and muslims.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

nhytgbvfeco2's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    The distinction here is ethnic cleansing versus any forced deportation, kinda similar to distinction between genocide versus mass murder.
    But we ARE talking about mass deportation here. You were the one who defined it as ethnic cleansing instead.

Quote Originally Posted by nhytgbvfeco2 View Post
    But we ARE talking about mass deportation here. You were the one who defined it as ethnic cleansing instead.
    You were not. zanzibar89 talked about kicking Jews and Muslims out. Aexodus referred to the genocide convention. I labeled it as ethnic cleansing. Then you jumped in. Shall we move on?

One thing the UN partition plan got right was to keep Jerusalem under an international control. Get the UN HQ in Jerusalem as the capital of the world and see how much better they perform their duties.
    The Armenian Issue

You were not. zanzibar89 talked about kicking Jews and Muslims out. Aexodus referred to the genocide convention. I labeled it as ethnic cleansing. Then you jumped in. Shall we move on?
    Yeah, like I said, the post that started the debate called for mass deportation, you then labelled it ethnic cleansing, and i labelled it back to mass deportation.
    One thing the UN partition plan got right was to keep Jerusalem under an international control. Get the UN HQ in Jerusalem as the capital of the world and see how much better they perform their duties.
    I don't think either side would accept that. Israel certainly wouldn't give up on its territory in favour of the UN. However, this is a thread about the Golan heights, not Jerusalem.

Yeah, like I said, the post that started the debate called for mass deportation, you then labelled it ethnic cleansing, and i labelled it back to mass deportation.
    I love the way you spin it.

I don't think either side would accept that. Israel certainly wouldn't give up on its territory in favour of the UN. However, this is a thread about the Golan heights, not Jerusalem.
    I'm glad you remembered that after spending pages on discussing West Bank and Jerusalem.
    The Armenian Issue

I'm glad you remembered that after spending pages on discussing West Bank and Jerusalem.
    Because the debate with the person I was talking to went in that direction. You're just seemingly bringing it up out of the blue and not in relation to anything specific that was said.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

And where would you kick the Jews to? some place where sooner or later they will be killed?
    To be trite maybe New York?
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    To be trite maybe New York?
    Because there have been no anti-semetic attacks in the US recently?

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Because there have been no anti-semetic attacks in the US recently?
    It was poor joke just based on the size of the Jewish population of NYC (and the US overall). Hope I did not offend and technically does not Israel face anti Jewish attacks on a fairly regular basis up to and including war?
    Last edited by conon394; May 28, 2019 at 09:32 PM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    It was poor joke just based on the size of the Jewish population of NYC (and the US overall). Hope I did not offend and technically does not Israel face anti Jewish attacks on a fairly regular basis up to and including war?
    Didn't realise it was a joke, my bad, mostly because there are people who legitimately hold such opinions.
    It does, but Israel can defend itself. Which is why French Jews are fleeing en masse to Israel for the past couple of years, for example.