Thread: The looks and factions options are amazing, but the gameplay.. too easy!

Libertus

Default The looks and factions options are amazing, but the gameplay.. too easy!

I knew DarthMod back in Attila I tried it and it was so easy, cheaper units cheap income and buffs, now in Empire Total War I see 3 options for Mods, Minors Factions Revenge, Imperial Splendour and DarthMod, and DarthMod has the best looks and graphics but is by far the easiest zero challenge, units are the cheapest and you get so much income even small nations, I wish there could be a special challenging version like IS with Line Infantry 2k cost to recruit and few men per unit

Default Re: The looks and factions options are amazing, but the gameplay.. too easy!

Try Maian submod that merges Empire Realism with IS - economy is more than halved there, as Saxony or Hanover it is almost impossible to play. And almost the same applies to great nations - poverty is everywhere and unit replenishment is costlier than Soviet defense of the Motherland in 1941-1945. Plus you get Empire Realism battle mechanics which are, in my opinion, superior to other mods.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Default Re: The looks and factions options are amazing, but the gameplay.. too easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Golo_1 View Post
    I knew DarthMod back in Attila I tried it and it was so easy, cheaper units cheap income and buffs, now in Empire Total War I see 3 options for Mods, Minors Factions Revenge, Imperial Splendour and DarthMod, and DarthMod has the best looks and graphics but is by far the easiest zero challenge, units are the cheapest and you get so much income even small nations, I wish there could be a special challenging version like IS with Line Infantry 2k cost to recruit and few men per unit
    If you want Darthmod with greater challenge the try Brand additions

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12757962
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Yes, try the Bran MacBorn AI submod. Every battle is a bloodbath, and after 20 turns, you'll get bogged down trying to keep your army intact from the AI onslaught.

I was in the same situation as you were. Darthmod was too easy and I got bored very quickly. But the submod really revitalised the game for me.
    I tried the other mods hosted on this forum and none of them I thought made Empire more fun or accurate visually (Imperial Splendour only seems to focus on Uniform accuracy for the Rise of the Republic, whereas Darthmod has at least added in some accurate uniforms).
    Or worse, the gameplay focuses too much on accuracy or changing too many things to make the mods fun to play.

Darthmod isn't perfect, but I feel it is better than most mods out there, and the AI submod increases the challenge drastically.

Only thing I would like to change in the mod is to get rid of the vast majority of the extra units Darthmod adds (the specific regiments to be more exact because they just clutter the recruitment screen).