Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cultural tensions (new post)

Default Cultural tensions (new post)

Hey guys, this is the new topic that i'll use to post the periodic updates for cultural tensio(ns) originally created by Joysong and later assisted by me and the spiritual succesor to Kulturkampf by Tullyccro.
    Update November 2022
    Updated to add new 1.3.1 buildings

Update 16/08/2019
    Added Babylonia from the Alexander submod campaign.

Update 05/08/2019
    I've nerfed the cultural increase from buildings that increase cultural growth in all regions across the board. Furthermore, I've added the new Dacian capital as well.
    But, wait, there's more. With help from CEMN2017, there are now 2 versions, the first is the regular one.
    The optional new, harder version extends Cultural Tensio by adding cultural influence from neighboring Provinces's majority culture to the 'Local Traditions' stat of each Province. As a rule, the major 'Civilized' and the Nomadic factions will have a higher influence on their neighbors than 'Barbarian' or 'Minor Civilized'* factions to represent the added allure of ideas, trade, customs and power of the more advanced larger civilizations, and increased mobility in the case of Nomadic cultures.

The result is higher 'Local Traditions' values across the board, especially in deep heartlands and where multiple 'Civilized' Provinces meet, such as in the Eastern parts of the map where for example Persian and Hellenic influence is very strong and will take great effort to assimilate and replace. Colonizers such as Carthage, the Galatians or the various Greek colonies will have to invest more into their cultural infrastructure to maintain their foothold, while the area's natives will have an advantage in conquering them - but suffer the colonizer's influence at home in return.

Pacifying cultural unrest in newly conquered lands, investing in your cultural infrastructure and choosing cultural perks for your Generals and Governors is more important than ever!

*For example: Judaic, Italic, Caucasian, Desert Nomadic. -by CEMN2017
    Normal version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Vx...usp=share_link (copy paste link in browser)
    Harder version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q9O...usp=share_link (copy paste link in browser)
    Last edited by Dardo21; December 03, 2022 at 08:58 AM.

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Cultural tensions (new post)

Many thanks !

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

blablabla

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Great You can use it for all your mod updates as well, if you like

Well UMC's patch already has its own topic, I'm not sure about adding my versions of Alternative Economy, since I never really intended to have it usurp Kam's. I worry that people will confuse my version with the official version.

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Well UMC's patch already has its own topic, I'm not sure about adding my versions of Alternative Economy, since I never really intended to have it usurp Kam's. I worry that people will confuse my version with the official version.
    How many mods are you maintaining atm ?

Those 3 publically.

Lupo's Avatar Libertus

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    Those 3 publically.
    And about a hundred privately...

Something like that yeah

Thank you Dardo

Hi. I´m a bit confused about CT. What is the difference between the file provided in this thread and the one in the CT thread started by Joysong?

The thread by Joysong contain links to the outdated Steam file and the no-steam file is over a year old. I started a new thread since the original author didn't like the fact that we still used his description, despite having the reference to his name and the name of the old mod removed. Since the thread was started by Joysong I couldn't edit it, so I thought it best to start a new thread.

Ok, so I guess that means I have to use just the file in this thread.
    Thank you for answering.

Yup

Not sure if bug or not, but even with 3x temples in makedonia im still going down in hellenic? Surely as the starting province of macedon and all 3 original owner being macedon the culture should be 100 hellenic and not be rising in daco thracian?

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

That might be due to the bordering regions in Thrace and the foreign culture influence in the province of Macedonia.

Basically, with Cultural Tensio it is not easy, and in some cases not even possible, to have 100% of your own culture. Just to give you an example, in my current campaign with Egypt after approx. 150 turns the Hellenic culture in the province of Egypt is at around 55-60%, in Judea it's quite similar, and that despite my efforts to promote the Hellenic culture in these provinces.

Oh yeah I gathered as much having played further, your edict comes in super handy that gives the +5 to culture growth but that -40% tax it gives is rough haha!

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Yep, the art of micromanagement...

It's fun!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast