Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why you should play Pergamon

Default Why you should play Pergamon

i absolutely felt in love with Pergamon, and i actually think is the best faction to play in the game (keep in mind that i play only factions who starts with 1-2 settlements because i think is too easy to play as Rome/seleukidai/ptolemaioi etc and i rly like to start as an underdog) and thats why u should give a try:
    -Great starting position: as Pergamon you can expand everywhere, from anatolia to asia or Greece the middle europe or even north africa, the start is pretty hard but thanks to the diplomatic bonus with hellenic factions u can make all greeks and seleukidai your friends and focus on taking bythynia and pontus province and then expand from this
    -AMAZING roster: pergamese roster has everything u want: good starting melee infantry and hoplites (galates epikouroi and pergamon hoplites and phalangitai) melee cavalry (pergamoi hippeis) and missiles units (phrygioi peltastai and mercenary rodian slingers) and AMAZING late game and post reform units (pergamoi epilektoi peltastai, xystophoroi, thorakitai hippeis, somatophylakes hippeis and thorakitai, pergamoi thorakitai, pergamoi thorakitai holpites and syntropoi dynastou) which are very unique and very very powerful aswell; also u have easy access to very good AoR units such as cappadocian xystophoroi rodhian slingers etc.
    -historical background: when i want to start a campaign i like to play as something which could have been a great empire(i rly dont like to conquer the wolrd as sparta or syracouse, doesnt make sense to me) and i mean ur the heir of Troy
    Does anybody else plays as Pergamon and what are your thoughts on my points?

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Why you should play Pergamon

I do fully agree.

NerZhulen's Avatar Ordinarius

Playing as rome in DeI is not easy. It is NOT easy... Try playing it without save/reload on hard difficulty...

Good roster, but my only complaint is they aren't really much different from greek core, and some greeks have more interesting uniques (bak, crimea, etc).

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

If you want to play as Pergamon just wait a bit...It'll worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Oh ok. Pergamon is one of my favorites nations to play in game. I will wait

You just gotta love the beginning of Pergamon.. guy just finds himself as master of castle without any owner and sitting on Alexander's war treasury!
    One thing is the wonders they have; theatre and library. Units are nice indeed, never tried their naval units yet tho.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Our FB page has some neat pics for few upcoming upgrades for Pergamon
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Quote Originally Posted by H-Khan View Post
    You just gotta love the beginning of Pergamon.. guy just finds himself as master of castle without any owner and sitting on Alexander's war treasury!
    One thing is the wonders they have; theatre and library. Units are nice indeed, never tried their naval units yet tho.
    Even now before the refresh, Pergamom has probably the best Greek units around, but I can say that after the refresh, you guys gonna have a blust with it...

Are the new goodies just for Pergamon or is Macedonia included?

Even now before the refresh, Pergamom has probably the best Greek units around, but I can say that after the refresh, you guys gonna have a blust with it...
    WOW i think i have to start a campaign with someone else now!!!and wait for the Pergamon update!when it will be released approximately?
    PS i totally agree i only play with Greek small facitons and i have no doubt Pergamon has the best(and more uniques imo) units!cant wait for the update

Quote Originally Posted by kew View Post
    Are the new goodies just for Pergamon or is Macedonia included?
    Hmmm I don't think Macedonia will be included KAM will know more about it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fede3vium View Post
    WOW i think i have to start a campaign with someone else now!!!and wait for the Pergamon update!when it will be released approximately?
    PS i totally agree i only play with Greek small facitons and i have no doubt Pergamon has the best(and more uniques imo) units!cant wait for the update
    AFAIK KAM and Agrez are working tirelessly on it

As my name suggests I am a big fan of Pergamon! Such a mysterious and interesting kingdom! Cannot wait for the new update. Also since this is my first post, I just want to also thank the DEI team for all the content over the years! <3
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 18, 2019 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Merged posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy Pergamon View Post
    As my name suggests I am a big fan of Pergamon! Such a mysterious and interesting kingdom! Cannot wait for the new update. Also since this is my first post, I just want to also thank the DEI team for all the content over the years! <3
    Thank you for the kind words and welcome to the Forums! May you have a pleasant stay here

Quote Originally Posted by Fede3vium View Post
    -historical background: when i want to start a campaign i like to play as something which could have been a great empire(i rly dont like to conquer the wolrd as sparta or syracouse, doesnt make sense to me) and i mean ur the heir of Troy
    Does anybody else plays as Pergamon and what are your thoughts on my points?
    this. i also have 'difficulties' with going for a long campaign with a faction that had never/little expanded historically. just doesn't feel right. agreed on the rest also. i had a blast with them trying to recreate their Anatolian empire. its great that they start as a walled settlement in DeI thanks to imported map. yet another beauty of this incredible mod. i also generally prefer starting small. early and mid- game are the most challenging and interesting (doubly so with a small faction imho) before you hit the snowballing effect and swim in cash and all that.

Agrez's Avatar Civis

Bro wait a bit and you will have the most awesome looking Pergamon you ever saw

Quote Originally Posted by Agrez View Post
    Bro wait a bit and you will have the most awesome looking Pergamon you ever saw
    Great!When will see the update and whether save compatible?
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 31, 2019 at 09:13 AM. Reason: Double Posting.

Yes! Pergamon are my favourite faction, can't wait for this!

And mine as well! Besides, Aeneid and Iliad are my fav books. I was ever on the side of Ilion.

Yes an interesting faction to play. I went south and took Ephesos in the first few turns, then paused to build up. About the time I was going to move on Pessinous, Rhodes declaimed war followed by Hierapytna. It’s 272 and I have driven five invasions back into the sea. And now Odryson has declared war, soon to attack. I hope the timing is spread enough so my one stack can fend them off.

Maybe I should have taken Nikomedeia first. It’s early and at the rate of slaughter Rhodes should run out of gas.

Alas the end may be near as I see invasion fleets coming from the north and the south. To make matters worse, Koinon Galaton just ended the non-aggression pact. Soon the stack of chosen swordsmen will come down the hill...goodbye Pergamon

But no, with support from the garrison the two stacks from Thrace were crushed, Hierapytna used for peace, and I must rush back to Ephesos to meet the Rhodians. Wow.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; May 31, 2019 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast