Thread: Save games

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

Default Save games

Hello everyone,

Its been a while since I played DEI. (November 2018), and I feel the urge to come back to it again. I have been playing it on and off for years because it's an awesome mod for a great game.

I'm a slow player, and I never really got to play with Roman legions because I get burned out after weeks playing and want to start another faction. The last time I tried the Augustus campaign, but that was not really my thing. I have played the start of the Roman campaign countless times, so don't really feel like playing that again.

Soy question is does anyone have a Roman save game, normal or hard, where they own Italy (and maybe some more, but not half the map) and has access to legions? That way I can save a lot of time and enjoy a later Roman campaign without having to go through the whole process of taking Italy and waiting for legions to pop up again.

You would make me very happy!

Thanks in advance.

RJA
    If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences
    William Thomas

Default Re: Save games

I might have one you're looking for. It's from 94BC with the man himself ( Gaius Marius ) at the helm. I think I was just finishing reforming legions with historical expansion ( seems I was piecing up some Ptolemaic superfaction over Asia Minor and just wrestled Cyrene ). The problem is tho it was prior the ancestral patch and I used cultural tensio and some others back then and now food supply is totally screwed up ( I had this idea that every romanized province has to have a colonia ) and there are no family trees. Some other changes came since aswell like the spicetrade etc. that made me ditch it for now. Should be on hard and salvageable tho ( like 12 million bank balance ).. but dunno how much the later changes will affect it.

Note: (Unless mistaken...) - I believe what you're after isn't actually possible with the base Mod - for Marian Reforms require Imperium V; so you're well into the mid-game and well outside Italy proper.

Until then, you certainly can pretend with Principes...
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

I can offer you my current playthrough https://i.imgur.com/7Nmbvfp.jpg

I'm playing on N/N difficulty but only with Large unit size. It's at turn 109 so right after Marian Reforms. I've just won a 20 year war with carthage and am now preparing to take over the rest of Mauretania and Spain. Meanwhile I'm stomping out more legions in Italy to conquer Greece. However none of that has happened yet so at the moment you'll be at peace with everyone and with more money than you can spend.

Anyway, here is the file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_zN...ZeLn2Lnx-/view

RJA's Avatar Semisalis

Thank you guys. I started a Carthage campaign so I'm busy playing them at the moment.
    I'll see what faction to play next. So many good looking factions who deserve to be played before I play Rome itself again.
    If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences
    William Thomas

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

You could use the instant reforms submod. It's exactly for situations like yours.
    For people who just want quick access to Marians and it's working perfectly (last time I checked).