Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Is Galatian campaign way too easy now?

Thread: Is Galatian campaign way too easy now?

Default Is Galatian campaign way too easy now?

I see what have you done there!
    Well done, I like the overhaul you have made with Galatia.

However, it is way too easy now, no?
    All the greek factions wants to be friend with me, I'm trade partner with everyone, there is no army at Sinope, so if you capture it on second turn, you can basically to trade with half of the world(!) in one turn and so on.

Galatia was always one of my favorite faction to play since it was almost IMPOSSIBLE to survive in Anatolia as a solo etnicity, but now, the only challange is the hellenic population, once I solve this I can walk to Armenia since I am very friendly with selecuids.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar Bearded Moderation
    Artifex Content Staff Modding Staff

Default Re: Is Galatian campaign way too easy now?

Not sure since, I never played with them. Using any submods? Also on what difficulty are you playing ?

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    Not sure since, I never played with them. Using any submods? Also on what difficulty are you playing ?
    Hard.

Only turn per year, female generals and english faction/unit names.

I captured sinope on second turn, then was aviable to do trade with everyone(since I also capture capadocia next turn, got iron from the town), and for some reason, all the greeks send me non-agression even trade pacts.
    The only people don't like me was bythinia, I have cleaned them.

Now, on a turn 50 or so, and I got half of the anatolia basically. And my reliationships with everyone is, kinda okay.
    I remember when you used to press "tab" all you saw was very red colour.

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Senator

Interestingly, I started a Galatian campaign within the last month and had difficulty getting any diplomacy going early on. Granted, I only played about 10-15 turns. Within that time, Armenia declared war on me and the Greeks didn't really seem to be very welcoming. I'll have to run it back. I love the Galatians and will try to have a more deliberate, long term game in the future. Like GS said, there are a number of sub-mods that might help with your experience, featuring a wide range of changes. Definitely worth looking into, bud.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar Bearded Moderation
    Artifex Content Staff Modding Staff

Yeah, it's pretty much random tbh, but you can certainly try Realism and see if it fits your style

For whatever reason i find the ai hates me more on normal difficulty than hard. Might be worth trying out for ya.