Thread: Help with modding income.

Default Help with modding income.

I have found the effects_bundles_to_effects_junctions tables but when I enter and save a new income value (gdp subsistence) for Syracuse and save it the result does not show up in the GC.
    Is there a separate set of tables for DEI? I suspect I may be altering the vanilla values and so no effect. I'm using the rome2 data pack.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: Help with modding income.

Hey Gluteus Maximus,

So you are actually modyfing the values directly in the rome 2 data pack?

You are never supposed to do it this way. What you need to do is to create your own pack, import the tables that you need - if DeI modifies that table it is better to import it from the DeI pack, if not then you import from the vanilla pack - make the changes that you want, save it and then use that pack as your own custom submod that you place above DeI in the loading order.

Take a look at this video!

And feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Thanks for the link and advice Seleukos. I'll look into it now.

No problem!

Also, if your intention is to modify the income value in the city center building chain in Syracuse, then the table you should be looking at is building_effects_junction and not effects_bundles_to_effects_junctions, just so you know.

DeI modifies all the building chains, so you've got to work on the table from the DeI pack, not vanilla.

Thanks Seleukos. This might seem like a silly question but what's the Dei pack called and where is it? I think I can do this now that I've seen the tutorial.

Are you using the standalone version or the steam version of DeI?

The Steam version.

All right, the steam version is in the steam\steamapps\workshop\content and then there is one of those folders with the string of numbers. You've got to search through them.

Steam version consists of three parts and since I've never actually used it, I can't tell you in which of the three packs there's that table you are looking for.

Alternatively, you may just manually download the part 1 of the standalone version and get your table from there.

Excellent. Thanks again Seleukos.

Hi Seleukos, I've found the steam version and followed Magnar's mod but nothing is effected in game. I want to add 3000 per turn to Syracuse in the GC but am not sure if I've used the right table. Which would you recommend?
    The table I used was Faction_traits_effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions and applied the changes to pun_faction_trait_syracuse_GC....rom_building_gdp_subsistence_faction_capital_hidden.

No, no, Gluteus, that table you are reffering to deals with the faction effects while from what I understand you are trying to increase the income from subsistence from the city center building chain in Syracuse, right?

If that's so, you've got to modify the building effects, not the faction effects.

The table you should look into is the building_effects_junction. Unless I'm mistaken, Syracuse is a 'special capital', so they have their own building chains. Look for the special capitals in that table.

I'm on my work PC so I have no access to these packs at the moment. Please, try to take a look yourself and if you can't find it I will help you with it tonight.

Looking into it now Seleukos. Cheers.

No problem, tell me how it's gone!

I actually ended up managing to increase trade values substantially instead. I think you were right about me using the wrong tables. I also found a no bonus income mod that works for dei so now it's up to me to maintain good trading relations. Thanks for your help Seleukos. Much appreciated.

You are welcome!

Which section in the table would I alter for AI bonus income?